Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aware this is the transfer thread, but lets face it, its an accountancy trick, for want of a better word.

But the trick has resulted in EFC Ltd being seen as a debt free entity.

Who will pay it down? I doubt no one will. If Plan A works, it will be swapped for equity I reckon.
Maybe. That's certainly what happened at Chelsea. I hope that happens here too but it didn't happen at Bolton, Villa and many other clubs. We'll have to wait and see. Again, though, not debt free.

Fair enough mate, can you ring up the FA and inform them that Chelsea are currently breaking FFP rules with regards the 1bn+ they owe Roman.

Let me know what they say mate.
Me and you have been round and round with this. You're a glass half full guy and like the example of when this approach has worked out great, I'm a glass half empty guy and worry about the times when this strategy has failed. Once again, I hope it goes the way you see it going, I just don't think there is enough evidence either way to make bold predictions. Finally, a debt, in my opinion, is something that you owe and will have to pay back. As far as every public declaration on this matter has been presented so far this is what we have. Until it is converted to equity I'm going to continue to point out that it is a debt (and I'm sure that you will continue to dispute that it is)

Meant to put this in here, not the Sniders thread.

Everton friday.webp

The debt has been cleared. We are no longer paying extortionate interest every year on it. There is no timetable for the debt to be repaid. The largest shareholder at the club is not going to start syphoning money out of the club any time soon, if ever. He's more likely to convert the money he loaned us into equity, enabling him to become majority owner in terms of shareholding.

Our debt has been cleared in EXACTLY the same way that Abramovich cleared Chelsea's debts when he took over them.

Doesn't matter that Moshiri has 'LOANED' us the money, he's effectively loaned himself the money because he's quite clearly going to become majority shareholder at some point. You don't speak as ambitiously as he's done and remain a 49% shareholder.
How do you know this? Is he here because he loves the club? No. He is here to make money. I agree that his preferred option seems to be a steady return based on prolonged success. If that doesn't transpire, because that is hard to achieve, he will want to get his money back by other means. I very much doubt he will just shrug his shoulders and write down £200m. Abramovich didn't convert debt to equity for 10 years, once he realised that he could recoup his investment by other means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back