Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The debt is not cleared. I wish people would stop saying it was.

Everyone appreciate it's an interest free loan but the point is that the capital had to come from somewhere. We aren't talking abut refinancing for a better rate with another counterparty.

A lot of people are overestimating the importance of this. The rate we were paying was restrictive. The interest burden has gone.

Everyone appreciate it's an interest free loan but the point is that the capital had to come from somewhere. We aren't talking abut refinancing for a better rate with another counterparty.

A lot of people are overestimating the importance of this. The rate we were paying was restrictive. The interest burden has gone.
Totally agree. We are in a far better position just not "debt free".

Exactly. By no longer being 'in hock' to the banks, it allows us the financial freedom to do other stuff... like finance a new stadium!

BREAKING: Axel Witsel will sign for Chinese club Shanghai SIPG and earn €18m a season. [@FabrizioRomano]

shock horror. he's just a money merchant. i said in the summer anyone with any real talent, would not be plying their trade in russia in the prime of their career if they werent just after all the money they can get. im not bothered by that fact in itself, i just dont want those sorts of players coming to Everton.

shock horror. he's just a money merchant. i said in the summer anyone with any real talent, would not be plying their trade in russia in the prime of their career if they werent just after all the money they can get. im not bothered by that fact in itself, i just dont want those sorts of players coming to Everton.

and yet we have entire threads whinging about whether or not our net spend will be high enough this window

I don't mean to sound rude, but it seems your pessimism is based on 2 contracts for players with little resale value, on likely reduced terms salary wise... and paper talk / lack of transfer news despite being only 1 day into the transfer window.

At this point I see nothing other than a neutral outlook being reasonable.

Each to their own though, absolutely.

This was in November. In December he announced an £80m LOAN
As the loan was mentioned in the accounts, must have been made before they were signed off by the auditors, so when they're released may find that it was pre November.

The GPSL/EIL charge was cleared 5th Oct so if the BHHL was specifically used for this, it must pre-date this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back