Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Koeman is that he's trying to wash his hands of all transfer activity and you simply cant do that. No wonder he likes the DoF position at clubs he works at because he looks to me like he wants to hide behind it. Sorry, but he'll be judged in terms of the quality of players we do bring in, not Walsh. And he'll be judged in terms of demanding finances are in place for these windows.

You think Mourinho was on the blower to Pogba in the summer mate and in discussion over his contract etc.

Or did he do what most managers at teams with a DoF do, and come to an agreeeme4=nt with them over lists of targets and then let the ones paid to negotiate and close the deals do the rest

Funny thing is - if he was acting like he was heavily involved in transfer activity at the club, you'd slate the club for allowing it and Koeman for not focusing on managing and training the players.

Btw is this an admission that Martinez was responsible for the Niase debacle finally, or did he also wash his hands of it?

Brunt very much on, schneiderlin to WBA all but done and Lookman from Charlton announced this week. Depay a no go thus far.
6361137381662755221405727690_tumblr_inline_nckywcId3F1s2urhx.gif

You think Mourinho was on the blower to Pogba in the summer mate and in discussion over his contract etc.

Or did he do what most managers at teams with a DoF do, and come to an agreeeme4=nt with them over lists of targets and then let the ones paid to negotiate and close the deals do the rest

Funny thing is - if he was acting like he was heavily involved in transfer activity at the club, you'd slate the club for allowing it and Koeman for not focusing on managing and training the players.

Btw is this an admission that Martinez was responsible for the Niase debacle finally, or did he also wash his hands of it?
And where has he even held his hand up to that? He's stated in no interview I'v read from him that he has any such hands on approach. He completely rebuffs all talk of transfers and states baldy that it's out of his hands. A bit of honesty would be nice there. Even Rodgers stated he was in on 'the committee' decisions over there a few seasons back.

Seriously though Chris Brunt is this a GOT mickey taking exercise?

Very much so.

For newer posters, a few years ago, one of the lads on here, @Moomin iirc, managed to get some papers writing stories about us signing Kenwyne Jones, based on him making it all up on here.

Since then, a window never passes without similar attempts. Getting one in the papers/on BBC text gossip thing is the grail. Other clubs forums a close second.

Funny how some think you must have an ulterior motive for just pointing out that since Norwich our form has dipped.
It's a meaningless observation. Picking a random game midway through the season and only observing the results from that point onwards (or indeed before) paints an incomplete picture.

I may as well insist that our "form" is fantastic because we've won three and only lost one in the last five. Form is a nebulous concept of debatable value at best. What matters is league position, and that is determined by points accumulated from ALL games.

It's a meaningless observation. Picking a random game midway through the season and only observing the results from that point onwards (or indeed before) paints an incomplete picture.

I may as well insist that our "form" is fantastic because we've won three and only lost one in the last five. Form is a nebulous concept of debatable value at best. What matters is league position, and that is determined by points accumulated from ALL games.

We've won 8 of our 20 game up to now, only winning 4 of the last 15 though, better now?

No ulterior motive here, happy we're in 7th, Koeman needs time etc.

Last edited:
Very much so.

For newer posters, a few years ago, one of the lads on here, @Moomin iirc, managed to get some papers writing stories about us signing Kenwyne Jones, based on him making it all up on here.

Since then, a window never passes without similar attempts. Getting one in the papers/on BBC text gossip thing is the grail. Other clubs forums a close second.

I remember that, it was brilliant. Please let me keep thinking it is still brilliant without bringing up Riquelme or Odjidia Ofoe (and Vincent Kompany's tweet about him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back