Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

And where has he even held his hand up to that? He's stated in no interview I'v read from him that he has any such hands on approach. He completely rebuffs all talk of transfers and states baldy that it's out of his hands. A bit of honesty would be nice there. Even Rodgers stated he was in on 'the committee' decisions over there a few seasons back.

Ronald Koeman reckons that the way British managers are allowed to control transfer policy leaves them open to the temptations of corruption.

The Everton boss considers himself to be a coach rather than a manager - and takes a hands-off approach to player recruitment once he has made a recommendation.

But some managers are involved all the way through the transfer process - including holding negotiations with agents.

And, in the aftermath of Sam Allardyce losing the England job after falling foul of a newspaper sting, Koeman said: "I have always kept well away from transfer negotiations and money.

As a coach I will point out the player I want and as soon as the money side comes up with the player, I will leave the room.

"I don’t think I should be there with agents or players to discuss that.

"Of course the club informs me about the salaries of the players and they also ask me if a player should get a new contract or not. But that is it.

"Football coaches should be doing their work on the training ground and the touch line.

Basically direct from the horses mouth - that he is involved in choosing players mate, in fact he makes recomendations, but ISN'T involved in the money side of negotiations.

What exactly do you want him to say?

seriously tanking that out of context mate.

Q - The transfer window is open, have you been making some calls already?

A- No, but everyone knows, the people in the club knows what we want, and what we want to change, and it's up to them

Q - You expect to be busy then?

A- I'm not so busy, I'm busy with all the fixtures what we have and errrr maybe the board will be busy for to bring some players in yes.

All delivered with a big smile btw if your into body language and stuff

Sound as. I just saw that quote mate - I didn't watch that bit of his presser/interview. I watched the post-match on the Everton site, which is what I posted on here earlier

Ronald Koeman reckons that the way British managers are allowed to control transfer policy leaves them open to the temptations of corruption.

The Everton boss considers himself to be a coach rather than a manager - and takes a hands-off approach to player recruitment once he has made a recommendation.

But some managers are involved all the way through the transfer process - including holding negotiations with agents.

And, in the aftermath of Sam Allardyce losing the England job after falling foul of a newspaper sting, Koeman said: "I have always kept well away from transfer negotiations and money.

As a coach I will point out the player I want and as soon as the money side comes up with the player, I will leave the room.

"I don’t think I should be there with agents or players to discuss that.

"Of course the club informs me about the salaries of the players and they also ask me if a player should get a new contract or not. But that is it.

"Football coaches should be doing their work on the training ground and the touch line.

Basically direct from the horses mouth - that he is involved in choosing players mate, in fact he makes recomendations, but ISN'T involved in the money side of negotiations.

What exactyl do you want him to say?

where is that from mate?

*seen it now

and @davek

From Walsh

He said: “I’m getting to know Ronald . He’s very driven, he’s very positive and he has high standards. He’s been a great player and understands what he wants. He knows systems and structures of play and knows how to get the best out of players.

“It’s forming that relationship and getting into his way of thinking in terms of what he wants in a player.

It’s got to be a joint venture – there’s no point in me bringing players to him and then he’s not going to play them. I’ve got to make sure we are on common ground. And so far, so good.

Might have asked this before but is BK still responsible for all of the actual negotiating or has that responsibility been passed on? Can't remember how all the pieces currently fit with that.

and @davek

From Walsh

He said: “I’m getting to know Ronald . He’s very driven, he’s very positive and he has high standards. He’s been a great player and understands what he wants. He knows systems and structures of play and knows how to get the best out of players.

“It’s forming that relationship and getting into his way of thinking in terms of what he wants in a player.

It’s got to be a joint venture – there’s no point in me bringing players to him and then he’s not going to play them. I’ve got to make sure we are on common ground. And so far, so good.
But they're not Koeman's words are they?

As said: you'll search in vain for any quotes from him that associates him directly with player transactions. He makes a massive point of distancing himself. See if you can manage a direct quote. You wont have any success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back