Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes nothing like The Clev, Gibson or even McCarthy, he has more to his game than them all.

IMO.

Well Koeman did express an interest in the boy Gabi, which would be the attacking pivot in the centre or at least that type of player, somebody to do the leg work up top, link the midfield to the attack and could play alongside Lukaku either alongside him in a duo or even on the wing as a 3 with somebody like Depay on the other side.

As I say I think Koeman will buy options this window, players that allow us to play 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 3-5-2 and of course 4-2-3-1, each formation, if the correct players are bought, would allow us to be a danger down the middle and also from the wings.

What in particular does he do better than them? Apart from maintain his fitness better (a given).

I'll be blatantly honest, I haven't seen much of him. What I did see has never seen me wanting to bring him here, never stood out. Arguably, at his best period for Saints a while back I wouldn't have had him over McCarthy and Barry. Barely seen him play for Utd, they seem to be preferring a 35-year old Carrick over him.

Gabbiadini was a player I was in favour of signing because he would give us an option to play differently, like Valencia did so well the other night.

I've seen too much pedestrian-ism from Everton midfield recently over the years. My fear is that Schneiderlin represents a continuation of it. I like Gueye because he does his job and does it well, he wins the ball back and he moves it on(usually successfully), I particularly like him because his first instinct after winning the ball is to take it forward.

Saying he is better than Cleverley, Gibson, or McCarthy is fine but I still don't want those types of players, even a better version of them, who are "keeping it ticking over" as it is just another way to say crab. They're not even proper defensive midfielders with a love of a tackle like Gueye. My worry is that Schneiderlin is just a shinier new one of these lot.

I can see bits and pieces of where I think Koeman is taking us and I believe he wants to play high tempo football, Barry is obviously not suited to it due to his lack of pace but our other options (listed above) are no use either because they slow the football down with their passing choices and lack of movement rather than a lack of pace.

So is he the type of player that is going to help us break at teams by moving and passing forwards? That's the type of player I would like to see us sign and watch play.

Tired of seeing our midfield's looking like this:

latest

I dont like going early Friend, as I say, I like the look of the way its going, but currently im gonna have to stick at 50/50, hoping for a swift positive outcome, he has the magic.

After a few years of marriage and a kid mate, i find going early actually saves a lot of effort, energy and gets you more sleep, make an exception on special occasions ofc

What in particular does he do better than them? Apart from maintain his fitness better (a given).

I'll be blatantly honest, I haven't seen much of him. What I did see has never seen me wanting to bring him here, never stood out. Arguably, at his best period for Saints a while back I wouldn't have had him over McCarthy and Barry. Barely seen him play for Utd, they seem to be preferring a 35-year old Carrick over him.

Gabbiadini was a player I was in favour of signing because he would give us an option to play differently, like Valencia did so well the other night.

I've seen too much pedestrian-ism from Everton midfield recently over the years. My fear is that Schneiderlin represents a continuation of it. I like Gueye because he does his job and does it well, he wins the ball back and he moves it on(usually successfully), I particularly like him because his first instinct after winning the ball is to take it forward.

Saying he is better than Cleverley, Gibson, or McCarthy is fine but I still don't want those types of players, even a better version of them, who are "keeping it ticking over" as it is just another way to say crab. They're not even proper defensive midfielders with a love of a tackle like Gueye. My worry is that Schneiderlin is just a shinier new one of these lot.

I can see bits and pieces of where I think Koeman is taking us and I believe he wants to play high tempo football, Barry is obviously not suited to it due to his lack of pace but our other options (listed above) are no use either because they slow the football down with their passing choices and lack of movement rather than a lack of pace.

So is he the type of player that is going to help us break at teams by moving and passing forwards? That's the type of player I would like to see us sign and watch play.

latest

Mate would you have matic in the team, because he is similar to him but actually a better player going forward

latest

Schneiderlin IMO is much better on the ball and would be slightly more creative than clev and McCarthy. But when Barry has been out of the team with McCarthy or Davies replacing him things have improved mainly the tempo we play, I like Barry but he is very slow them slows the tempo down. I agree with a winger though, but not really sure who I would like here, so let's see who they come up with if anyone.

I completely see where you're coming from about Barry, no arguments there. As I said just above to Mout, my issue isn't particularly with Schneiderlin but with the type of player he is. Seeing him described as better on the ball than Cleverley or McCarthy doesn't make me feel like we should be going after him solely for that. Being better on the ball than Cleverley or McCarthy is the minimum requirement to satisfy me no matter who comes in this window. I'd prefer we sign a player who instead plays nothing like either Cleverley or McCarthy because I'm tired of watching their crap brand of football.

I completely see where you're coming from about Barry, no arguments there. As I said just above to Mout, my issue isn't particularly with Schneiderlin but with the type of player he is. Seeing him described as better on the ball than Cleverley or McCarthy doesn't make me feel like we should be going after him solely for that. Being better on the ball than Cleverley or McCarthy is the minimum requirement to satisfy me no matter who comes in this window. I'd prefer we sign a player who instead plays nothing like either Cleverley or McCarthy because I'm tired of watching their crap brand of football.

Reid = gana
Bracewell = schneiderlin

Before I finish watching this I'm just going to say they don't make videos of sideways passing compilations.

They do mate, have a look for a highlights video @Great Dane had for a fan film of James McCarthy vs United when he was at Wigan, he literally passes the ball sideways for the whole clip and everyone got in soak about it

Before I finish watching this I'm just going to say they don't make videos of sideways passing compilations.

Im aware its youtube mate, other than taking you back to 2015 and watching him thats the best I can do, honestly I watched a lot of him that season, he was amazing, so, so good, he ran the midfield, strong in the tackle, high energy and was always moving the ball forward with a pass or a little run, as ive said, he doesnt have the magic, but he shines in other areas, now granted that was almost 2 years ago and hes gone to United and pretty much bombed, but if Ronny can get him back to the player he was in 2015, we have some player.

latest
I just see him as an up grade on what we have other than Gueye, Spurs were heavily liked to him before Utd got him, also Koeman knows him well so I do trust him with this one. To be fair his signing haven't been the top draw players we were hoping for but they have all done ok, with Gueye the stand out one. But at the end of the day our judgement means nothing so we will just have to wait and see.

Im aware its youtube mate, other than taking you back to 2015 and watching him thats the best I can do, honestly I watched a lot of him that season, he was amazing, so, so good, he ran the midfield, strong in the tackle, high energy and was always moving the ball forward with a pass or a little run, as ive said, he doesnt have the magic, but he shines in other areas, now granted that was almost 2 years ago and hes gone to United and pretty much bombed, but if Ronny can get him back to the player he was in 2015, we have some player.

Thing is goat, he didn't really bomb at United last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back