Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really mate, Mata was a huge signing for United, and was a proven top level player and arguably one of Chelseas best performers less than 6 months prior to United buying him.

Scheneiderlin was a top player at a mid table Saints team, who took the step up to United and hasn't managed to crack their team, Depay similarly wasa touted young player moving from an inferior league who hasn't cracked there team either.

Mourinho unless he changes the habits of a lifetime doesn't operate with a massive squad of first team players but tends to use the same 15-16 players constantly, if they haven't got a look in by January with the way United has been struggling and with the players he's already tried out then they won't ever udner him.

Martial, Lingaard, Rashford, Mata, Young, Mkhitarian, are all ahead of Depay so hard to ever see him getting so much as a chance never mind any run int he team

Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick and possibly 1 or two others ahead of Schneiderlin for that Defensive midfield role so similar situation really

Shaw is the surprise though, Mourinho really doesn't seem to want him there atm, hopefully the rs rumours are rubbish

But thats what im implying, United aren't in great shakes at the moment and Mourinho's possibly dated style dosent seem to be working, i can see both Sneiderlin and Depay getting there chance very soon instead of the likes of Fellaini & Herrera and in Depays case Rashford, Lingaard or Young.
I wouldnt be suprised if they both got significant game time this weekend

A deal is done kind of way, or never going to happen but it looks like we are going to kind of way.

the way Mata and Witsel was here, and then they just never turned up.

Or a fantastic club has sorted it out and we will finalise the deal once the window is open like normal club sort of way.

John O'Kane.

It's almost like not all footballers can be grouped into the same category of 'cast offs'.

Thats the thing mate, people are posting point blank 'don't want United cast offs' like every one of them is the quality of Neville, O'shea, janujaz etc.

Depay is a very very talented player - the big what if about him is attitude - which as Koeman knows him - then if he does want him you have to give him the benefit of the doubt he believes he can sort that out, Schneiderlin is honestly a no brainer and god knows how he isn't playing for united as he is better than anything they have in that position.

Smalling on the other hand and a few other shouts are baffling - think someone mentioned Jones for example, and they are the caliber of united players we would be better of swerving

Being from up Southampton way - whats your honest opinion on Shaw btw, guessing you have more of a view on him than i do, having only really remembered the hype and amount of teams that where after him and then the injury to base a judgement on

A deal is done kind of way, or never going to happen but it looks like we are going to kind of way.

Or a fantastic club has sorted it out and we will finalise the deal once the window is open like normal club sort of way.

If I had to guess I know which way i'd go.

To do so after Koeman openly commented just adds fuel to the fire.

Depay could have easily shot him down but kept the door open. i reckon koemans already been on the blower.

Very much doubt it! It would mean depay is sat in limbo just waiting for a loan move for a month and a half minimum.
We possibly and i say possibly may of enquired but very much doubt we have had any sort of responce from united

As opposed to our current tactic of getting everyone excited, letting key targets get away then panick loaning somebody on deadline day? Would be nice, if not a bit boring.

As opposed to our current tactic of getting everyone excited, letting key targets get away then panick loaning somebody on deadline day? Would be nice, if not a bit boring.
Aye, only thing we would miss is a name out of nowhere type of deal, no-one had heard of Oumar and any link to valencia didn't really exist before we actually signed him.

I wonder what happened to the other south american we were linked with back in jan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back