Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are being mentioned in the Belgian media – and now MailOnline – as potential suitors for Standard Liege's Ishak Belfodil.

Citing a report in Le Soir, DH.be report that a €10m offer could be forthcoming for the 24-year-old and that all three of Celta Vigo, West Bromwich Albion and the Toffees are interested.

Despite being relatively young, Belfodil's career has already taken among across Europe and to the Middle East. He was signed by Standard on a free transfer from Baniyas in Abu Dabi only last year but has attracted attention by scoring six times in 16 league games for the Belgian Juliper League side and three goals in five Europa League appearances.

He has also played for Lyon, Bologna, Livorno, Inter Milan but his best spell was with Parma in 2012-13 where he notched eight goals in 33 matches.

Interesting to read that Chelsea are in for Llorente (from Swansea). Could free up Batshuayi on loan, and that would be brilliant for us although he is being linked with Palace, West Ham and Swansea. Also I'm not sure if Chelsea would loan us their top Belgian striker again - they never got the last one back :)

Everton are being mentioned in the Belgian media – and now MailOnline – as potential suitors for Standard Liege's Ishak Belfodil.

Citing a report in Le Soir, DH.be report that a €10m offer could be forthcoming for the 24-year-old and that all three of Celta Vigo, West Bromwich Albion and the Toffees are interested.

Despite being relatively young, Belfodil's career has already taken among across Europe and to the Middle East. He was signed by Standard on a free transfer from Baniyas in Abu Dabi only last year but has attracted attention by scoring six times in 16 league games for the Belgian Juliper League side and three goals in five Europa League appearances.

He has also played for Lyon, Bologna, Livorno, Inter Milan but his best spell was with Parma in 2012-13 where he notched eight goals in 33 matches.

Ok, ive had a chance to "scout" the boy.

I actually think he has a degree of magic @Connor @Brownie

And hes very comfortable on both wings and in the hole as a SS and also uptop on his own, think this could have legs yano.

The clips I watched were 2 years old, when he was 21/22, you could see he was a little bit unfinished, if hes polished up his game in the last 3 years, this looks very promising.

This boy gets the Goat seal of approval

Get the Morg signed then tell United to do one regarding their 25m asking price for Depay, and make a move for the German lad Brandt. He's got some class for a 20 year old.

Schneiderlin, Brandt, Manolas and Lookman - that would be a dream window.

Get the Morg signed then tell United to do one regarding their 25m asking price for Depay, and make a move for the German lad Brandt. He's got some class for a 20 year old.

Schneiderlin, Brandt, Manolas and Lookman - that would be a dream window.
As much as I think Manolas and Brandt would be great additions we would have to outbid the top of the PL table for them. If I recall Brandt is wanted by klopp as well as being watched by arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea. Manolas by united. At this point in time I can't see players like that choosing us over them.

It's only a matter of time before Schneiderlin is a Toffee, hopefully when we sign him it will convince others to come

And hes very comfortable on both wings and in the hole as a SS and also uptop on his own, think this could have legs yano.

The clips I watched were 2 years old, when he was 21/22, you could see he was a little bit unfinished, if hes polished up his game in the last 3 years, this looks very promising.

Interesting. He seems to move teams a bit from what I'm seeing. Are there any more sources besides the Belgian media linking him?

Buying in a good Striker must be the priority. Hopefully an experienced one in his prime- we seem to be focused on buying under 19 young potentials and over 30 journeymen.

Nah!! Not impressed, squad player yes and an upgrade on Mcgeady but nothing more. Look at the amount of clubs he has played for tells its own story really. Swerve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back