Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't swear on here but the ads look like this .......... lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170107-113419.webp
    Screenshot_20170107-113419.webp
    103.4 KB · Views: 214
Hi lads,

I have always read your views and opinions on this site for the last how many years and just wanted to say, this is a great forum so please keep it going.

I thought I would give you an update on lookman.

I'm from Kent originally and played for Gillingham and a lot of my mates were playing at charlton, our country team was great and I got to play with the likes of George Boyd and the Newcastle keeper Rob Elliot. Finally I moved away from Kent to Liverpool so I could watch Everton as often as possible.

I still have some good ties at charlton and thought I would give you an update from a coach I know regarding lookman.

"
He has great pace, is very skilful and can be very direct and is always scoring spectacular goals in games and at training.

I've seen some awesome kid come out our academy such as Scott Parker, shelvey, Gomez etc but this kid is the best of the lot.

I hope Everton give him time because In my opinion he could be unbelievable and the money that has been mentioned that you guys paid for him is close, but even if it was doubled it would be worth it, that's how highly I rate him"

This guy's knowledge of football is great so I'm hoping he is correct.

As much as I think Manolas and Brandt would be great additions we would have to outbid the top of the PL table for them. If I recall Brandt is wanted by klopp as well as being watched by arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea. Manolas by united. At this point in time I can't see players like that choosing us over them.

It's only a matter of time before Schneiderlin is a Toffee, hopefully when we sign him it will convince others to come
I know, we can dream though..... Plus, perhaps those dreams are slightly less preposterous today than they were just a week ago. Who knows in a window or two that kind of thing might even be reality.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things."

Everyone missing the real position we need to fill. Goal keeper??
It is odd because I thought this was going to be our biggest position of need this season, but our GK's haven't really cost us too many games so far. I think it speaks to how solid our defense has been as a whole. Definitely need to get this sorted out soon though as our current stable isn't reliable. Like Ijjy said I think this gets sorted in the summer.

Belfodil has the hallmarks of a Walsh signing (i.e. he's Algerian). I always liked him when he was at Lyon but subsequently to that he's been a bit hit and miss in the clubs he's been too and missed an opportunity to kick on at Inter.

The goal record isn't great, but in all honesty I am not sure it has to be. Sounds an odd thing to say about a Centre forward, but we don't need a 20 goal a season man, what we need are players who are going to help him. I think Belfodil could provide that, he's a big lad and has a good touch. We can see Koeman likes balls into the box and he could be quite dangerous.

I appreciate he is something of a misfit. The reality is the misfit market can be quite profitable. Taking players who've fallen out of favour but have talent and something to prove can be important.

On that basis I wouldn't mind seeing Berahino at a knockdown price.

Hi lads,

I have always read your views and opinions on this site for the last how many years and just wanted to say, this is a great forum so please keep it going.

I thought I would give you an update on lookman.

I'm from Kent originally and played for Gillingham and a lot of my mates were playing at charlton, our country team was great and I got to play with the likes of George Boyd and the Newcastle keeper Rob Elliot. Finally I moved away from Kent to Liverpool so I could watch Everton as often as possible.

I still have some good ties at charlton and thought I would give you an update from a coach I know regarding lookman.

"
He has great pace, is very skilful and can be very direct and is always scoring spectacular goals in games and at training.

I've seen some awesome kid come out our academy such as Scott Parker, shelvey, Gomez etc but this kid is the best of the lot.

I hope Everton give him time because In my opinion he could be unbelievable and the money that has been mentioned that you guys paid for him is close, but even if it was doubled it would be worth it, that's how highly I rate him"

This guy's knowledge of football is great so I'm hoping he is correct.
That sounds really encouraging. I really don't know anything about the lad so I'm glad to hear how highly you rate him.
Looking forward to see him play!

That Belfodil was well highly rated at Inter years ago but appears to have just pished about since. Swerve.

I've seen him play a couple of times with Standard now and he's still pretty good. Technically more than decent and (this is good for all the anti-Lukaku fans here) he always gives 100%. He runs a lot and for that reason it wasn't clear in the beginning whether he was a striker of a midfielder. Now that Standard is playing with two strikers (Orlando Sa the other one) he's really showing his talents.
I don't know what the asking price is, but he could be an immediate answer to one of our problems attacking wise. He could fill the gap between Lukaku and our midfield.
Oh yes, and he actually makes goals himself as well. That's something nice for a change. 7 goals and 5 assists in 15 matches.

Belfodil has the hallmarks of a Walsh signing (i.e. he's Algerian). I always liked him when he was at Lyon but subsequently to that he's been a bit hit and miss in the clubs he's been too and missed an opportunity to kick on at Inter.

The goal record isn't great, but in all honesty I am not sure it has to be. Sounds an odd thing to say about a Centre forward, but we don't need a 20 goal a season man, what we need are players who are going to help him. I think Belfodil could provide that, he's a big lad and has a good touch. We can see Koeman likes balls into the box and he could be quite dangerous.

I appreciate he is something of a misfit. The reality is the misfit market can be quite profitable. Taking players who've fallen out of favour but have talent and something to prove can be important.

On that basis I wouldn't mind seeing Berahino at a knockdown price.

Like I said. IF we were to play him with Lukaku up front I really believe we could start tearing things up. He is relentless with his efforts and defenses will not know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back