Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said. IF we were to play him with Lukaku up front I really believe we could start tearing things up. He is relentless with his efforts and defenses will not know what to do.

I haven't seen him much post Lyon, whats his work rate like?

I see a big lad, with a good touch. If he works hard too then thats fantastic. They are the 3 things Lukaku lacks at time. It will help him enormously to have a partner like that.

I haven't seen him much post Lyon, whats his work rate like?

I see a big lad, with a good touch. If he works hard too then thats fantastic. They are the 3 things Lukaku lacks at time. It will help him enormously to have a partner like that.

Well, the first few matches with Standard he was running around and working so hard that people started questioning his football intelligence. :)
He also was always knackered after 60 minutes. But he kept on doing it and his physique improved (maybe he considered the matches as physical training?), and then people started to see his technical abilities as well. He was pretty decent as a sole striker, but he ran so much that often he wasn't in the box when it mattered (opposite of Lukaku). But the 2nd period of the competition (so far) he started playing with two up front and now he's great.
A partnership of him and Lukaku would be phenomenal (sorry for my wording)!

Well, the first few matches with Standard he was running around and working so hard that people started questioning his football intelligence. :)
He also was always knackered after 60 minutes. But he kept on doing it and his physique improved (maybe he considered the matches as physical training?), and then people started to see his technical abilities as well. He was pretty decent as a sole striker, but he ran so much that often he wasn't in the box when it mattered (opposite of Lukaku). But the 2nd period of the competition (so far) he started playing with two up front and now he's great.
A partnership of him and Lukaku would be phenomenal (sorry for my wording)!
You really have to wonder why he has had so many clubs though. It's the sort of transfer that is only worth it if the fee is low.

Hi lads,

I have always read your views and opinions on this site for the last how many years and just wanted to say, this is a great forum so please keep it going.

I thought I would give you an update on lookman.

I'm from Kent originally and played for Gillingham and a lot of my mates were playing at charlton, our country team was great and I got to play with the likes of George Boyd and the Newcastle keeper Rob Elliot. Finally I moved away from Kent to Liverpool so I could watch Everton as often as possible.

I still have some good ties at charlton and thought I would give you an update from a coach I know regarding lookman.

"
He has great pace, is very skilful and can be very direct and is always scoring spectacular goals in games and at training.

I've seen some awesome kid come out our academy such as Scott Parker, shelvey, Gomez etc but this kid is the best of the lot.

I hope Everton give him time because In my opinion he could be unbelievable and the money that has been mentioned that you guys paid for him is close, but even if it was doubled it would be worth it, that's how highly I rate him"

This guy's knowledge of football is great so I'm hoping he is correct.

Whereabouts in Kent you from mate?

For a guy who doesn't score much and who hasn't lasted more than one season anywhere that seems like a lot. Mind you keeping up with what's going on with transfer fees is a science all of it's own.

True. I'm only saying this because I've seen him play and really dig him.
Apparently Celta de Vigo is also after him. And they have played against him in Europe so they should know what he's capable of.

Hi lads,

I have always read your views and opinions on this site for the last how many years and just wanted to say, this is a great forum so please keep it going.

I thought I would give you an update on lookman.

I'm from Kent originally and played for Gillingham and a lot of my mates were playing at charlton, our country team was great and I got to play with the likes of George Boyd and the Newcastle keeper Rob Elliot. Finally I moved away from Kent to Liverpool so I could watch Everton as often as possible.

I still have some good ties at charlton and thought I would give you an update from a coach I know regarding lookman.

"
He has great pace, is very skilful and can be very direct and is always scoring spectacular goals in games and at training.

I've seen some awesome kid come out our academy such as Scott Parker, shelvey, Gomez etc but this kid is the best of the lot.

I hope Everton give him time because In my opinion he could be unbelievable and the money that has been mentioned that you guys paid for him is close, but even if it was doubled it would be worth it, that's how highly I rate him"

This guy's knowledge of football is great so I'm hoping he is correct.

That's great info mate, thanks for posting and welcome to the site!

If we played Belfodil, Lukaku and Balotelli all together then we would absolutely annihilate most defences in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back