Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like his attitude but I would get Berahino in, he scored 20 in the season before last and comes with the benefit of being English. I think he would be a good option to have playing alongside Lukaku, obviously the price might be a problem with West Brom preferring it seems to allow his contract to run down rather than get some kind of money for him.

7 days Tim, the window has been open 7 days

He's right though Chris, that interview is basically saying to the board "this is what I'm dealing with so get me the new players"

When city got took over they didn't care about money and just overpaid for players to get them in. I'm not saying we should follow, but we obviously want schneiderlin, utd want him gone so why would it take a week? Just pay the dough.

I'm just saying what I interpreted from his interview. I think he's frustrated. And I know it's been a week. But we should have had a new central midfielder available here to play today. We knew in the summer about Gana Gueye. A little pre planning wouldn't go amiss.

He's right though Chris, that interview is basically saying to the board "this is what I'm dealing with so get me the new players"

When city got took over they didn't care about money and just overpaid for players to get them in. I'm not saying we should follow, but we obviously want schneiderlin, utd want him gone so why would it take a week? Just pay the dough.

Lads he's been aware since the summer. You're not playing footy manager, it's a real life business where the finer things, like legal contracts need to be drawn up. It's obvious we are going to strengthen, just takes time

Lads he's been aware since the summer. You're not playing footy manager, it's a real life business where the finer things, like legal contracts need to be drawn up. It's obvious we are going to strengthen, just takes time

How do transfers get done in one day on deadline day then mate?

I'm not panicking, this season is a write off, just saying that there is no reason why a player that we obviously want hasn't been signed.

I get that mate. I really do.

But I still think that was clearly Koeman calling out the board. I think that's completely fair on his part. If you don't then fine.

How do transfers get done in one day on deadline day then mate?

I'm not panicking, this season is a write off, just saying that there is no reason why a player that we obviously want hasn't been signed.

I think it's a different sketch when you're dealing with a player that a number of teams want. The agent is going to have a big say. And there's price, morgs is incoming but why should we pay over the odds, it's a negotiation and it could have been going on for months for all we know

I get that mate. I really do.

But I still think that was clearly Koeman calling out the board. I think that's completely fair on his part. If you don't then fine.

I think his comments today where aimed at the players more, the board are aware and the players will arrive. But even koeman said they need to be the players he wants.

He'll be backed this window and rightly so, but let the process take its necessary steps to completion

Yep, Koeman came out before the window opened and said him and Walsh are ready for this window because they have had time to get plans in place.

So we know RK and SW have identified their requirements.

It seems the person/s responsible for the recruitment of those targets may be the weak link.

Ladies and Gentleman I give you...

Mr William Kenwright legend in mediocrity and let downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back