Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's going to want to sign for us in January if we're miles off the top 6 and out of the cups? we'll just be coasting through the rest of the games. I really can't see why players like Schneiderlin and Manolas would join us at this moment.

We've supposedly got good players in the U23's and Lookman has just joined, might be best to just give them a go and get rid of the deadwood.

Who's going to want to sign for us in January if we're miles off the top 6 and out of the cups? we'll just be coasting through the rest of the games. I really can't see why players like Schneiderlin and Manolas would join us at this moment.

We've supposedly got good players in the U23's and Lookman has just joined, might be best to just give them a go and get rid of the deadwood.

If someone showed me plans for a new Stadium and the financial clout coming into the club and the direction it wanted to go, I would sign. Plus the wages would be high. They are all after the best deal.

I always wondered why anyone worked for Blofelt in the bond films. But being able to work in a volcano that stole spaceships would be class for a mercenary.

A cynic might say that as we can't break the Top 6, are out of the cups, and have no realistic possibility of being dragged into a relegation fight, it doesn't particularly matter how active we are for signings in the next few weeks.

I think it's still important to get another 1 or 2 now as failure to do so would make for a very long few months and likely contribute to the spiral of doom regarding the squad. But at the same time they need to avoid the temptation, if it exists, to fill round holes with square pegs.

We'll need 8-10 players between now and August IMO and I thought from day one, regardless of his injury, that the Bolasie signing was poor value, even if in an inflated market. We have to do better than that.

Whilst the sponsorship deal was very good news, nobody really knows on what level they plan to spend over the next 1-2 windows and its probably wise to be conservative in that regard as far as Everton are concerned. This is really a time for SW to show us why we hired him and for RK to then mould an effective unit with the players signed and improve performances and results.

The margin for error has never been as small as it is now for new signings.

I'm sure saying that we need to be prudent and careful would go down well with Bill, but it should apply nonetheless.

A cynic might say that as we can't break the Top 6, are out of the cups, and have no realistic possibility of being dragged into a relegation fight, it doesn't particularly matter how active we are for signings in the next few weeks.

I think it's still important to get another 1 or 2 now as failure to do so would make for a very long few months and likely contribute to the spiral of doom regarding the squad. But at the same time they need to avoid the temptation, if it exists, to fill round holes with square pegs.

We'll need 8-10 players between now and August IMO and I thought from day one, regardless of his injury, that the Bolasie signing was poor value, even if in an inflated market. We have to do better than that.

Whilst the sponsorship deal was very good news, nobody really knows on what level they plan to spend over the next 1-2 windows and its probably wise to be conservative in that regard as far as Everton are concerned. This is really a time for SW to show us why we hired him and for RK to then mould an effective unit with the players signed and improve performances and results.

The margin for error has never been as small as it is now for new signings.

I'm sure saying that we need to be prudent and careful would go down well with Bill, but it should apply nonetheless.
The sooner the better. We rarely sign anyone in the summer window before the season starts.

On the flipside, half a season to bed in with little pressure and then go for it next season. Maybe. Depends what they'd be able to fight for at the clubs they're at at the moment.

Who are the 5?
we-can-still-x4fexw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back