Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

7 days Tim, the window has been open 7 days
it is so frustrating, everyone knows we are short on quality, we have known all season that Idrissa Gana was going to the African nations cup, Schneiderlin has been available all season, what is taking so long?, we are supposed to be loaded yet we are arguing over 2 milion quid.
Moshiri making statements about "we are here to win".
time for action otherwise it is all more of the same

it is so frustrating, everyone knows we are short on quality, we have known all season that Idrissa Gana was going to the African nations cup, Schneiderlin has been available all season, what is taking so long?, we are supposed to be loaded yet we are arguing over 2 milion quid.
Moshiri making statements about "we are here to win".
time for action otherwise it is all more of the same

You, me and everyone on here as no idea what is going on the background. That's is the only concrete bit of evidence we have on transfers. Everyone, including the board are aware we need strengthening.

It's ok stating "it should have been done" but how do we know it wasn't and then a third party put it back

A cynic might say that as we can't break the Top 6, are out of the cups, and have no realistic possibility of being dragged into a relegation fight, it doesn't particularly matter how active we are for signings in the next few weeks.

I think it's still important to get another 1 or 2 now as failure to do so would make for a very long few months and likely contribute to the spiral of doom regarding the squad. But at the same time they need to avoid the temptation, if it exists, to fill round holes with square pegs.

We'll need 8-10 players between now and August IMO and I thought from day one, regardless of his injury, that the Bolasie signing was poor value, even if in an inflated market. We have to do better than that.

Whilst the sponsorship deal was very good news, nobody really knows on what level they plan to spend over the next 1-2 windows and its probably wise to be conservative in that regard as far as Everton are concerned. This is really a time for SW to show us why we hired him and for RK to then mould an effective unit with the players signed and improve performances and results.

The margin for error has never been as small as it is now for new signings.

I'm sure saying that we need to be prudent and careful would go down well with Bill, but it should apply nonetheless.

thankfully koeman has said it's either first choice or nothing. Because of the big sale of stones we must buy a load of players now, otherwise that sale would be a massive waste. There's also the fact we're going to be making a lot of changes (like you say), so we need to breed them in and the quicker we do that, the better.

I'd say the margin for error is much bigger given our finances to fix things as opposed to what it was in previous years.

You, me and everyone on here as no idea what is going on the background. That's is the only concrete bit of evidence we have on transfers. Everyone, including the board are aware we need strengthening.

It's ok stating "it should have been done" but how do we know it wasn't and then a third party put it back

this is what i don't get, people need to chill and relax. None of us have any idea what's going on in the background, stop believing everything you read on twitter. Why's everyone asking every day if something's happened, how do they know that something should be happening every day? Buying and selling clubs have other things to do. You don't offer for a house and ring up the current owner every hour to check if they're going to accept the bid.

And also i don't agree with the "we should just pay what united want" argument. Imagine if we turned into that club and overpaid e.g. £3m on every single transfer that we didn't need to. That could be the equivelent of an extra player every window, especially if we bought 4 or 5 players, we also must show we're not going to bend over for everyone, that won't make us popular.

The common denominator in drawn out transfers is always Everton. That's how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back