Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like there's a reason why Gueye, our lord and saviour, plied his trade at relegated Villa ?
No not really no, as Gueye joined a car crash of a club and had one season in the PL before we signed him.

He's been playing in the PL for 5 years, and whilst a decent player simply isn't top 6 material, hence where he plays his trade.

Happy to help

It is a problem if we gave 2 aging centre backs with no pace.
Yes that would be cause of concern, I still think are problems are stemming from the midfield and attacking part of the team. IMO the defence isn't really as bad as it looks it's just stupid mistakes a lot of the time and that happened last season with a 50m youngster playing there.

No not really no, as Gueye joined a car crash of a club and had one season in the PL before we signed him.

He's been playing in the PL for 5 years, and whilst a decent player simply isn't top 6 material, hence where he plays his trade.

Happy to help

An interesting viewpoint, his "failure" at Spurs is certainly a concern, but he always seems to stand out whenever ive caught him, he is a very good footballer in my eyes.

According to Sky Italia's Gianluca Di Marzio, Everton sent scouts to watch Genoa goalkeeper Mattia Perin in action against Roma on Sunday – but he suffered a season-ending injury just nine minutes into the game.

The Toffees saw long-time first-choice goalkeeper Tim Howard leave the club for Colorado Rapds over the summer, with Ronald Koeman deciding to bring in Maarten Stekelenburg in his place.

I never knew he scouted for us.

Grim-Reaper.jpg

How do we feel about Michael Keane? I know there have been some rumors on him and I think he would be a good grab if we can. He is no VVD but honestly I don't think we would be able to sway him now or in the summer... I can dream about us signing VVD but in reality it is highly unlikely. Keane would make a great pairing with Williams.

Also I'm all aboard the Ice Man rumors, he would make a great pairing with Lukaku and I'm sure there is a way to have him and Barkley together on the field.
I like Keane and think he should absolutely be a target. Likely no action til the summer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back