Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not quite as simple as that is it? otherwise Leicester would never have won the league with half a team of journeymen! They had Robert Huth and Danny Simpson in the back 4 mate.

I see your point but being honest that was a one off fluke/perfect storm which is likely to never be repeated again In our liftimes. Look at where they are in the league now...

I don't listen to many rumours with a great interest eggs, I remember a couple of years ago I mentioned a player (cant remember who) who I thought would of been a great buy for us. A few posters jumped in and exchanged views, come the evening news it said we were after a certain player that we had spoke about that day - came out of thin air with no credible links.

I even suggested to a couple of mods we should start a random rumour and all go with the flow, see how long it is before the media spies rob our ideas.

I think it was the same time we all joked about kenwyne jones and such.

...I know, Paul but I have to say I like the rumours and links even if 99% of the time they are useless. Saying that, they got Lookman right so now and then there is something in them.

Well who do we sign then?

We're not yet in a position where we can buy players from Europe who already play for clubs at our level (i.e. Koulibaly, Witsel etc)

So, we'd be in the same boat anyway. Taking cast offs from a bigger club, or taking the stars of clubs not as good as us anyway...

Take a chance on some players from other leagues ? Isnt finding hidden gems meant to be walshs forte ? We seem to be mainly focussing on "experienced premier league players" which is fine but not sure how any of the names linked will make much of a difference to our standing in the league. Lots of young potential stars in foreign leagues. I'm not saying it should be one or the other, just that we are very focussed on domestic targets at the moment.

I guess lookman fits my criteria of potential hidden gem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back