Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
91 pages on an everton transfer window thread and it is still november

lol

Going to be a lot of posts for that one dodgy loan signing on deadline day.

at the end it says were watching baselli whose a 24 year old box to box midfielder...can pick a pass.

more likely to be after him lol

....you could be right, he looks just the type of defensive midfielder RK likes. I dare say they have analysed his stats, he certainly looks like he intercepts and breaks down attacks but has a greater passing and running dimension to his game. I'm not sure where we identify such players but the link might be accurate.

Just hope Lukaku stays until the end of the season. Could easily see a CL side coming in for him in January and if we are sat mid table again and I can't imagine his resistance to a move being very strong.

Big rebuilding job for Koeman with this squad, with Mirallas, Kone, Niasse, Cleverley, Deulofeu, Valencia, Gibson and even Lennon if he is not going to play him all needing offloading. There are others too not mentioned here, not all going to go in January of course, but some of them are now stealing a living off the club.

He's been injured all season but started every game since he got back.

He started vs Utd.

Shoehorned in on the left though against United mate, and that's with Arsenal having a fair old number of injuries in centre mid - mst notable Cazorla being ut and Xhaka i think was a doubt coming into the game so only made the bench, until you get them all fit and settled in the league in Xhakas case, then it's unsure just where Ramsey fits into the first team.

Long term you'd say Xhaka and Cazorla are the starters with Coquelan behind those and then Ramsey and the egyptian lad (name escapes me)

More interestingly a lot of the Arsenal fans are starting to turn against Ramsey as not suiting the way they play now

Still think he's a Wenger favourite though and even should he be allowed/want to move on then teams in a better situation than us would come after him

....you could be right, he looks just the type of defensive midfielder RK likes. I dare say they have analysed his stats, he certainly looks like he intercepts and breaks down attacks but has a greater passing and running dimension to his game. I'm not sure where we identify such players but the link might be accurate.

Guide to the silly season rumours for me would be look at the stats and analytics, and the ones that stand out amongst those will be way more likely than just players with a big name attached to them or big rep, Walsh has used them consistantly - evidenced by Gueye and Kante/Mahrez at Leicester - all players whose stats where exceptional and who had gone under the radar due to various reasons.

Guide to the silly season rumours for me would be look at the stats and analytics, and the ones that stand out amongst those will be way more likely than just players with a big name attached to them or big rep, Walsh has used them consistantly - evidenced by Gueye and Kante/Mahrez at Leicester - all players whose stats where exceptional and who had gone under the radar due to various reasons.

...I think you're right, the 'stats' will be a key indicator in identification of players. I notice this in the scope of the co-ordinator person Walsh has just engaged.

walsh will love his stats...and out of contract in the summer...

btw your link doesnt work again...says poor language removed in it...lol

Just hope Lukaku stays until the end of the season. Could easily see a CL side coming in for him in January and if we are sat mid table again and I can't imagine his resistance to a move being very strong.

Big rebuilding job for Koeman with this squad, with Mirallas, Kone, Niasse, Cleverley, Deulofeu, Valencia, Gibson and even Lennon if he is not going to play him all needing offloading. There are others too not mentioned here, not all going to go in January of course, but some of them are now stealing a living off the club.

Let him go, we would get a good wedge off him and im fed up of this side being littered with individuals.

Plus i think he is one of the reasons we have such a terrible atmosphere in the dressing room

...I think you're right, the 'stats' will be a key indicator in identification of players. I notice this in the scope of the co-ordinator person Walsh has just engaged.

Never seen the lad play myself, on 'stats' he hits the right note though, noticed a few decent articles about him as well - seems a highly touted upcoming player - tipped by a fair few as being a natural succesor in the Italy squad to a few of the old guard

Never seen the lad play myself, on 'stats' he hits the right note though, noticed a few decent articles about him as well - seems a highly touted upcoming player - tipped by a fair few as being a natural succesor in the Italy squad to a few of the old guard

...I've only done dipped into YouTube and the stats don't surprise me. Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if the stats inform the players we look at. We've probably got analysts looking through the numbers as opposed to relying on word of mouth.

...I've only done dipped into YouTube and the stats don't surprise me. Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if the stats inform the players we look at. We've probably got analysts looking through the numbers as opposed to relying on word of mouth.

Suppose when you have very specific requirements on attributes/type of players for a system then it's a good method to use. Obviously not perfect and a lot it can't tell you but for those than know how to use and analyse the data it's a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back