Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
give sland jags and osman(SSSSHH!) for pickford and kone

They'd happily sell us Kone now, as he has been absolutely crap all season. Personally, I think we are sorted enough in defence, and we should use the money from our Koulibaly bid to buy two 30 million pound forwards.

They'd happily sell us Kone now, as he has been absolutely crap all season. Personally, I think we are sorted enough in defence, and we should use the money from our Koulibaly bid to buy two 30 million pound forwards.

Desperate for a CB to compliment Williams IMO.

In that we could do with a player who is capable of playing out from the back but can also defend a bit.

But yeh, I think we're more desperate for a midfielder/playmaker and striker.

Whether any of them will be available in January is the big question.

Who would you like as those two forwards?

I'd be happy with anyone who is an actual footballer for a start.

I've watched a ton of Leverkusen over the last few years mainly because of him and his free kicks. He's absolutely boss at those, one of the world's best right now.

But I don't see him as that unlocker. Never felt he's like an Özil or Silva.

True in fairness.

More of a dynamic Barkley type really.

I've watched a ton of Leverkusen over the last few years mainly because of him and his free kicks. He's absolutely boss at those, one of the world's best right now.

But I don't see him as that unlocker. Never felt he's like an Özil or Silva.

Hes not a 'cute' type passer but can definitely force his way through defences with key passes. Free kicks are amazing too.

The two linked are ideal, Dolberg and Belotti.

Hmm.

Dolberg looks a hell of a player, and Belotti is clearly good as well.

Only question mark for me is it is difficult to expect them to come straight into the prem and settle for us.

Plus, neither are the 'target man' type that this side requires, even though I'd happily have both in the squad.

Surely the manager knows exactly what he's got to play with for January, right? He's had Walsh for several months now and the holes in the squad are plain as day. With all that in mind, and given Everton's "Nothing will be the same" mantra, can we assume he'll know who is available and open to joining us, and will get in at least three or four quality players to push us nearer to the European places?

Nah, didn't think so.

Hmm.

Dolberg looks a hell of a player, and Belotti is clearly good as well.

Only question mark for me is it is difficult to expect them to come straight into the prem and settle for us.

Plus, neither are the 'target man' type that this side requires, even though I'd happily have both in the squad.

Both players can hold the ball up and turn/lay it off/shoot however both arent so great at assisting others imo.

Surely the manager knows exactly what he's got to play with for January, right? He's had Walsh for several months now and the holes in the squad are plain as day. With all that in mind, and given Everton's "Nothing will be the same" mantra, can we assume he'll know who is available and open to joining us, and will get in at least three or four quality players to push us nearer to the European places?

Nah, didn't think so.

can you see into the future?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back