Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but you shouldn't be signing a whole squad of them. Martinez had 3 seasons and has 1 hit Lukaku who cost 30 mill. Barry is old, Deulofeu inconsistent, Besic injured. The rest utter toilet. We can't repeat that strike rate.
We're not though, for £12m Williams has been solid enough, Bolasie was purchased to create and even now after almost 2 months out he's still our leading clear chance creator and leasing our assists charts, comment isn't needed on Gana. But ok, the keeper is ropey and the other two signings aren't even twenty yet.

Barry has been excellent value for money and has on many occasions been the best EFC player on the pitch. McCarthy had a great first season and has never hit those heights since. Neither deserve to be on the list of "average dross", IMO.

I'd argue otherwise, we paid a large loan fee for Barry and then have paid him very well. He's had a terrible discipline record missing numerous games over his time here through suspensions, he's also made numerous high profile errors in big games that people love to wash over (Arsenal QF, Anfield Derby 13/14, even last weekend v Leicester). McCarthy and Barry get so much praise yet have been ever presents in probably the laziest, least bothered, biggest bottling, Everton side in premier league history who have been regularly caned humiliatingly by better sides.

In truth they were two extremely average prem midfielders, one who had been good but we got him past his best so had one decent season (why have we given him another contract ffs), the other was never good enough, we overpaid on him.

It is absolutely no surprise to me whatsoever that two of the first buys through the door have been players to replace these two. People wonder why we dropped from top 7 to bottom half under Martinez, look no further than replacing genuine top 6 players like Cahill Arteta Pienaar Fellaini with average dross like Cleverley Barry McCarthy.

We're not though, for £12m Williams has been solid enough, Bolasie was purchased to create and even now after almost 2 months out he's still our leading clear chance creator and leasing our assists charts, comment isn't needed on Gana. But ok, the keeper is ropey and the other two signings aren't even twenty yet.

nice one ron

Becasue mate we will be lpoaning them all places that they will get more actual playign time, with that their value should increase as long as they do okayish

yeah but player like niasse are crud, their value will decrease every minute they spend on the pitch, i would think the same of players like kone and cleverley too. We'll see.

I'm not having a go at Koenans signings Ian, I rate all of them. I'm making the point though that when Moshiri came in and looked at Martinez's squad he would have identified rubbish recruitment as the first thing to fix, hence bringing Walsh in. We could see over the summer window with Gueye and Williams an immediate increase in quality.

Yeah, but you shouldn't be signing a whole squad of them. Martinez had 3 seasons and has 1 hit Lukaku who cost 30 mill. Barry is old, Deulofeu inconsistent, Besic injured. The rest utter toilet. We can't repeat that strike rate.

While I disagree with them being all utter pony, bar Niasse none of them cost much so (loans, frees, less than £10mill)

I'm not having a go at Koenans signings Ian, I rate all of them. I'm making the point though that when Moshiri came in and looked at Martinez's squad he would have identified rubbish recruitment as the first thing to fix, hence bringing Walsh in. We could see over the summer window with Gueye and Williams an immediate increase in quality.
Oh, sorry.

It was anti-Martinez and my radar missed it. I must be broke.

Okay @Devek enough is enough about Martinez(he's gone) an his 1st season, wow he got 71 points where did we finish? 5th same as Moyes did a few times and Moyes also got us 4th. Wow he got us to 2 semi finals, big whup Moyes took us to a FA cup Final. Martinez also gave us 2 4-0 hammering at Anfield also failed to beat Liverpool. Got stuffed in Russia. Signed a player who can't even play football for 13.5 mil. He played horrendous football that was boring, turned Fortress Goodison in to happy away fans land. He had 1 good season 3 years ago get over it already, we moved on.
tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

It's also a more than fair point you make.

We are currently trying to loan or have loaned 4 Martinez signings to Watford, Hull, Preston and QPR. Yet people are calling Koeman because we aren't challenging UTD

lollollollol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back