Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay @Devek enough is enough about Martinez(he's gone) an his 1st season, wow he got 71 points where did we finish? 5th same as Moyes did a few times and Moyes also got us 4th. Wow he got us to 2 semi finals, big whup Moyes took us to a FA cup Final. Martinez also gave us 2 4-0 hammering at Anfield also failed to beat Liverpool. Got stuffed in Russia. Signed a player who can't even play football for 13.5 mil. He played horrendous football that was boring, turned Fortress Goodison in to happy away fans land. He had 1 good season 3 years ago get over it already, we moved on.

Jeez mate. Don't sell us so short.

Nonsense. Our problem was that we had players in the defence who wouldn't get near a winger close enough to stop crosses coming in (Baines and Coleman) and CBs who weren't able to compete in the air (especially Stones).

Koeman the former CB should have sorted that. He didn't.

And who picked those players every week? And these are the same players Moyes had and that koeman has... and our defence was and is better than when el fraudo was here

He'll get time. This time next season is easily enough to determine if he's worth continuing with.

The players he inherited were capable of very good attacking football. They just needed the defence sorted. Obvioulsy that's proven beyond Koeman's abilities, so we demolish the whole lot and bring in players (over valued) he thinks can get us a trophy or up the league to top 5.

We shall see.......

That's a myth.

Commiting so many players forward that you are constantly vulnerable to shipping goals isn't very good attacking football.

The Oviedo goal at old Trafford summed it up. Two full backs in the Utd 16 yard box.

His gung ho attitude was eventually found out.

The Theory of the Short Blanket: “if you cover your feet, you get cold at the top and if you cover the top, you get cold feet.”

Only in exchange for James McCarthy and an open pass to all GOT members to the KneesUpMotherBrown forum for the fallout.
imagine the fume we could create if we swapped McCarthy for Payet.

We get their best player, they get the player than ruined their season! haha

I think Payet is a fantastic player but for the money they'd want and also the fact he is now turning 30 this year is slightly off putting, I'd much prefer Sigi.

I'll go along with that entirely.

It's why I'm waiting for the French Ryan Shawcross and Russian Lee Cattermole to turn up.

Ryan Shawcross would improve our defence, I look at him in similar fashion to Williams, both solid defenders.
Maybe we should get rid of the lightweight, unfit, fairies that Martinez bought and go back to being a solid punching about our weight club aiming for Europe !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back