Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not usually one for posting on the forums as I usually just read what people say but thought I'd share some information I was told by my friend who happens to be high up at club:

He reckons that Koeman is very unhappy at the board at the minute and it comes after there was murmurs round finch farm recently that he was told via conference call that the transfer budget him and Steve Walsh agreed with the board for January has took a substantial hit due to the club pumping more money into the ground planning and application in order to speed it up.

I wouldn't be expecting anything major to happen in January regardless but it seems weird to me that board can still only commit to either one or the other.

Don't think it's 60 million mate, that's what Napoli wanted, heard we went to 40 million tops then the player started to play silly buggers....

Moshiri said: “We have no restrictions to spend.

“I think the manager had seven names, four of those we got.

“We tried to buy Koulibaly of Napoli and they wanted £60million.

“It is monopoly money. We went right to the asking price and they decided not to sell.

“He (Koeman) wanted a box-to-box midfielder and we matched Sissoko’s asking price and actually paid more and all the terms were agreed and just before midnight we realised he had changed his mind.

“Lucas Perez was all ready to sign and Arsenal took him from us at the last minute.”

Speaking to talkSPORT, he added: “The manager is totally committed and ruthless; if a player is not up to it he uses another player and eventually he buys one.

“There are no sentimental issues there. The manager will strengthen the team in the areas he feels necessary.

“Koeman is Koeman – he does what he wants and I support him.

“I think the job of an owner and chairman is simply to hire and fire the manager, the rest is down to him.

“Once we hire a manager we back him. He has the personality, aura and ability and we trust him. In Everton’s culture the manger is the most important individual.

“He achieved eighth and seventh with Southampton. He needs to improve on that but it is a very difficult landscape now.

“We needed a strong balance sheet so I paid off the debts. We are now very flexible financially.

“We need a big stadium, no question about it. We have done the hard bit because the club was restricted to move or expand Goodison by banking covenants but I have paid the debts so we are free to do what we want and we have the finances to do it.

“The club has taken something from the fans and in our minds we know where to go and we are committed. I can reassure them they will have a stadium which rewards their loyalty and passionate support for our club. This is my key aim.”

Moshiri said: “We have no restrictions to spend.

“I think the manager had seven names, four of those we got.

“We tried to buy Koulibaly of Napoli and they wanted £60million.

“It is monopoly money. We went right to the asking price and they decided not to sell.

“He (Koeman) wanted a box-to-box midfielder and we matched Sissoko’s asking price and actually paid more and all the terms were agreed and just before midnight we realised he had changed his mind.

“Lucas Perez was all ready to sign and Arsenal took him from us at the last minute.”

Speaking to talkSPORT, he added: “The manager is totally committed and ruthless; if a player is not up to it he uses another player and eventually he buys one.

“There are no sentimental issues there. The manager will strengthen the team in the areas he feels necessary.

“Koeman is Koeman – he does what he wants and I support him.

“I think the job of an owner and chairman is simply to hire and fire the manager, the rest is down to him.

“Once we hire a manager we back him. He has the personality, aura and ability and we trust him. In Everton’s culture the manger is the most important individual.

“He achieved eighth and seventh with Southampton. He needs to improve on that but it is a very difficult landscape now.

“We needed a strong balance sheet so I paid off the debts. We are now very flexible financially.

“We need a big stadium, no question about it. We have done the hard bit because the club was restricted to move or expand Goodison by banking covenants but I have paid the debts so we are free to do what we want and we have the finances to do it.

“The club has taken something from the fans and in our minds we know where to go and we are committed. I can reassure them they will have a stadium which rewards their loyalty and passionate support for our club. This is my key aim.”

Thanks for the reply Goat, I too heard Moshiris comments and that side of the business seems in great hands.

It's all about getting the right players in that have the drive to get us where we need to be

Hopefully Walsh has been working overtime since Koeman has nothing to do with the transfers.

Bit concerned too that so many people are looking to get rid of so many players in one window, wholesale changes rarely work, look at Spurs with the Bale money

Haha, let loose mate, i actually generally quite like your posts, so I don't get the wily waving. I would however like to know what an indie kid is, is it indie to know or say!lol

However, I don't remember saying those players are under the radar, I would hope (suspiciously) that most people who watch football would be aware of those players. I would say after there were many who dismissed them out of hand that those players are on a trajectory of progress and havnt reached their maximum potential, yet are playing for clubs (with the likely exception of Arsenal) that I would consider a level below Everton in stature. I don't think it's enirely unreasonable for those players to fulfil that potential given an opportunity at what I consider a bigger club. The players I mention are at a point of potnential that they could easily be snaffled up by CL clubs, why not us. is there a praticular reason that shouldn't be us now, regardless of finance, surely thats were our aspirations lie. I have a little interest in looking around the PL in general and looking at players at lesser light clubs that could potentially go on to bigger clubs namely our or significantly contribute or grow in potential and be better long term for Everton, it's indie of me I know.

It is funny though for my comments to firstly be dismissed and then people saying they wouldn't come because they are established and cost to much, imagine if everyone had an opinion. I take issue with everyone dismissing opinion and herding up on posters, as there are probably young kids less relillent than me, who wander on here try and post and get comments like cluster...., moo.

Rock on Tommylol

* young Roberston at Hull think will kick on too.

Just seen my indie kid comment, beer and forum baaad idea, lol

Just seen my indie kid comment, beer and forum baaad idea, lol

.....recalling the chat we had yesterday about statistical analysis, where do you look for the stats you quote?

Before folk on here post their aspirational signings it would add more value if they backed their wish list up with some figures.

.....recalling the chat we had yesterday about statistical analysis, where do you look for the stats you quote?

Before folk on here post their aspirational signings it would add more value if they backed their wish list up with some figures.

whoscored.com is a decent one Eggs.

As long as the players in question play in one of Europe's major leagues, there'll be detailed stats for them.

Thanks for the reply Goat, I too heard Moshiris comments and that side of the business seems in great hands.

It's all about getting the right players in that have the drive to get us where we need to be

Hopefully Walsh has been working overtime since Koeman has nothing to do with the transfers.

Bit concerned too that so many people are looking to get rid of so many players in one window, wholesale changes rarely work, look at Spurs with the Bale money

Anybody thinking there's going to be big changes in Jan are sadly mistaken IMO.

I'm not saying I want stuff to be the same (I'd happily sell half of our squad in Jan) but realistically it isn't happening.

3-4 ins and 2-3 outs is my guess, and those outs will be the deadwood.

You can make that 5 outs in a way as both Bolasie and Gueye will be jetting off to ACON, which is a killer.

Generally squawka mate, once you learn how to navigate it can get some decent stuff out of there.

Few others around as well but as a free to use resource it's the best one.

whoscored.com is a decent one Eggs.

As long as the players in question play in one of Europe's major leagues, there'll be detailed stats for them.

Aye check that a fair bit as well, there's several decent ones around, and likely to only grow as its becoming something a lot of people have gotten into.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matt-le-tissier-expects-ronald-12211419

Matt Le Tissier expects Ronald Koeman to spend big with Everton in January
The Sky Sports pundit believes the Blues boss may have been 'sold down the river' if the club don't spend

BYADAM JONES
  • 10:46, 22 NOV 2016
  • UPDATED11:01, 22 NOV 2016

KOEMAN EXPECTS TO DO BUSINESS IN JANUARY

Matt Le Tissier has claimed that Ronald Koeman is going to find it tough with Everton - and that he expects the Blues to spend big in January.

The Sky Sports pundit spent his entire professional football career with Southampton, where Ronald Koeman left in the summer to take charge at Goodison Park .

Le Tissier admitted that he was surprised by the move at the time and believes that the Dutchman could have got a bigger move.

Everton Royal Blue Podcast: What's up with the skipper? Don't mention the J Word & Our Best ever Prem player
4221396001_5219070805001_5218991467001-vs.jpg

CLICK TO PLAY
MERSEYSIDE TRANSFER WINDOW INS AND OUTS?

"I said at the time that I was surprised that he almost made a backwards step," Le Tissier told Sky Sports.

"I think it's going to be tougher for him at Everton than he thought. No disrespect to Everton but I thought he could have got a bigger move given the great work he did at Southampton .

"Having said that, I think it would be too early for him to regret moving. There's still plenty of time for the investment, assuming it is there. You can understand why he went, with there being more money for him to attract players.

The 48-year-old went on to say that he expects Everton to be big spenders in the January transfer window.

Is Phil Jagielka in decline? We have a look at the stats behind the Everton man's season so far
He said: "I'd expect them to invest in January and the summer as I think he wanted to assess his squad first.

"If he doesn't spend big then I think that might be a sign that he has been sold down the river a bit.

"It's been a decent start but he's come across plenty of bumps in the road."

624345374.jpg

Ronald Koeman and Swansea City's Bob Bradley. Photo: OLI SCARFF/AFP/Getty Images

good idea, cant have enough geriatric finished players in one side. sneijder to replace barkley and rooney to replace lukaku.
we're a shoe in for the old folks home trophy in 2018, only danger is fathers teds lads.

He's 32 not 45... and he , unlike anyone else in our team is good on the ball and can pick a pass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back