Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what Le Tissier knows about our transfer funds for January.... the same as us! Zip
He's trying to have a dig because we took the mighty Saints manager

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matt-le-tissier-expects-ronald-12211419

Matt Le Tissier expects Ronald Koeman to spend big with Everton in January
The Sky Sports pundit believes the Blues boss may have been 'sold down the river' if the club don't spend

BYADAM JONES
  • 10:46, 22 NOV 2016
  • UPDATED11:01, 22 NOV 2016

KOEMAN EXPECTS TO DO BUSINESS IN JANUARY

Matt Le Tissier has claimed that Ronald Koeman is going to find it tough with Everton - and that he expects the Blues to spend big in January.

The Sky Sports pundit spent his entire professional football career with Southampton, where Ronald Koeman left in the summer to take charge at Goodison Park .

Le Tissier admitted that he was surprised by the move at the time and believes that the Dutchman could have got a bigger move.

Everton Royal Blue Podcast: What's up with the skipper? Don't mention the J Word & Our Best ever Prem player
4221396001_5219070805001_5218991467001-vs.jpg

CLICK TO PLAY
MERSEYSIDE TRANSFER WINDOW INS AND OUTS?

"I said at the time that I was surprised that he almost made a backwards step," Le Tissier told Sky Sports.

"I think it's going to be tougher for him at Everton than he thought. No disrespect to Everton but I thought he could have got a bigger move given the great work he did at Southampton .

"Having said that, I think it would be too early for him to regret moving. There's still plenty of time for the investment, assuming it is there. You can understand why he went, with there being more money for him to attract players.

The 48-year-old went on to say that he expects Everton to be big spenders in the January transfer window.

Is Phil Jagielka in decline? We have a look at the stats behind the Everton man's season so far
He said: "I'd expect them to invest in January and the summer as I think he wanted to assess his squad first.

"If he doesn't spend big then I think that might be a sign that he has been sold down the river a bit.

"It's been a decent start but he's come across plenty of bumps in the road."

624345374.jpg

Ronald Koeman and Swansea City's Bob Bradley. Photo: OLI SCARFF/AFP/Getty Images

Well we're only the 7th oldest in the Prem mate (average of 28) so no we don't.

We do need to be targeting players in the 24-27 bracket though (i.e. in or approaching their prime)

i make our starting XI average age to be 29.5, have put barkley down as 23 and baines 32 with the birthdays in a couple of weeks. i cant see any 11 being older than that.

"If he doesn't spend big then I think that might be a sign that he has been sold down the river a bit."

Can't really argue with that bit.

Maybe. But I do think the money is there to spend. It's just hard to get players in of a certain quality. Koeman should have realised this himself before he came, if, and it's only an if, he's going to think he's been sold down any rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back