Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need players who can score goals. That would be my input if I was Steve Walsh.

.....that is the key requirement, it is also the hardest requirement. Goal scorers cost lots because they are rare. I think Steve Walsh is looking for players who scores goals. I think every club in world football is looking for players who score goals.

.....that is the key requirement, it is also the hardest requirement. Goal scorers cost lots because they are rare. I think Steve Walsh is looking for players who scores goals. I think every club in world football is looking for players who score goals.
If we really are looking at VVD then we have striker money. Better spent on a forward than a cb imo.

The idea is bad anyway but the figures given are ridiculous.

Schneids has scored 15 goals in 9 seasons.

Gana makes Hibbert look like Lineker.

Are you 12 years old?

It's not ridiculous IMO. If you work for an employer of any size chances are you have targets. A well constructed target is designed to stretch people but be achievable.

Ok maybe I'm a bit off with Schneids and Gana but the rest of them are all achievable IMO and many of them have already achieved those numbers or close to them in a season.

Ross is capable of achieving his target if he reaches the standard most of us reckon he has in him.

Kevin is (Rom and Seamus aside) perhaps the only one not scared of shooting, he just needs to make a better job of it as a lot are off target or not leathal enough.

Scoring is our biggest weakness IMO and giving them encouragement (rather than fear of failing) to score (while not neglecting their other duties) could be a good way forward.

...I wouldn't relate the two. We buy a defender for whatever, we buy a forward for whatever. It's what the top clubs do, it's what we aspire to. Hopefully it's not a matter of either or anymore, it's a matter of both.
Except, despite justified optimism, I very much doubt we'll drop £100m+ on two players in one window. Prove me wrong Mosh!

There's no way Chelsea will sell Costa this window, they'll get him back on side and win the title.

Losing him would risk the season derailing for them so I can't see him going.

Which gives us another 6 months and potentially the summer transfer window to prove to Rom that we're going places.
It's a non story, conte said he missed the game because of a back injury in the week. Let's hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back