Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with every word, except Arteta and Gravesen never played together :)

I wondered how long it would take for people to notice that :) Im in work so pretty much rushed it all together. I was trying to say that I miss a balance In the middle. It seems now that we have two holding midfielders and thats your lot, we have two inconsistent wingers and that's your lot. At least going back a few years we had a pair of Carsely and Gravesen through the middle, or a lot of flair in Arteta & Pienaar on the wings. Right now we don't have that balance, for example if we had Barry and Barkley in the middle, we would have a midfield that can defend and attack, with gana/barry we can defend but offer nothing going forward.

I would rather see us sign players to fit a system and have a team, than go for someone to prove we have money to spend. Koeman, Walsh and Moshiri need time, even though im still hurting over the Chelsea game.

Agree with every word, except Arteta and Gravesen never played together :)

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Pienaar (Stubbs 87), Osman, Carsley, Cahill (Gravesen 65), Arteta, McFadden (Anichebe 65).
Subs Not Used: Wessels, Jagielka, Yakubu, Nuno Valente.

Booked: Lescott, Yobo, Gravesen.

Goals: Cahill 14, Osman 50, Anichebe 85.

Wiki is awesome... I met mike trabelcock .... nice fella .... looks a little different now due to age... but I was very surprised to find out he was the first black player to score in an FA cup final ..

Funny one that because a few years ago this suddenly became a thing said about him when I'd never heard it mentioned before. Saw something mentioning his as a pioneer for black footballers...hmmm

Given his hair I suspect he had some distant black heritage (as a lot of us do) but looking at him now....no.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Pienaar (Stubbs 87), Osman, Carsley, Cahill (Gravesen 65), Arteta, McFadden (Anichebe 65).

I like a bit a pedantry now and then :)

Who could forget the glorious return of the Grav?

3776892.jpg

Bares reminding. Only 4 teams made a profit in the summer, Liverpool who sold a load of squad players, southampton who sell every year, us, and swansea who we gave them the negative net spend signing their captain.
That's pretty amazing from the RS or should i say Klopp,to make a profit and tweak the team with a minus net spend and have the ability to work with a core of players who have underachieved and make them better,it pains me they have him as manager.

Hopefully Koeman and the guy we got from Leicester can do something like that and find some gems and a playing style.

I'd hate the fact if we had to spend a boat load of money to propel ourselves,i'd like to do it being canny in the transfer market and showing plastic clubs you can do it with coaching scouting and developing players and build something amazing.

Clubs like Atletico & Dortmund have shown it works.

Yeah get to seem him rolling down to finch farm in his white Rolls or is it a Bentley.

Maybe the Dutch influence of Koeman can tap into his ability he showed at PSV,since he's been at united he's just been awful on the pitch with a penchant for all things flash and bling off the pitch.

That's pretty amazing from the RS or should i say Klopp,to make a profit and tweak the team with a minus net spend and have the ability to work with a core of players who have underachieved and make them better,it pains me they have him as manager.

Hopefully Koeman and the guy we got from Leicester can do something like that and find some gems and a playing style.

I'd hate the fact if we had to spend a boat load of money to propel ourselves,i'd like to do it being canny in the transfer market and showing plastic clubs you can do it with coaching scouting and developing players and build something amazing.

Clubs like Atletico & Dortmund have shown it works.

The RS have a new fella in charge for transfers Edwards I think his name is. He's their new "Sporting Director". A new position.

Apologies. I forgot Gravesen rejoined on loan, but that's not what Paul was referring to I don't think.

Gravesen played what, 5 or 6 times that season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back