Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not realistic but I'd go after Ramsey. He can't get into the Arsenal team for some reason and instead they play Elneny. I feel he's going to be leaving there soon enough and no reason not to try to make it happen

Probably not realistic but I'd go after Ramsey. He can't get into the Arsenal team for some reason and instead they play Elneny. I feel he's going to be leaving there soon enough and no reason not to try to make it happen

He won't leave as long as wengers in charge mate, he's a favourite and even gets shoehorned in the side out of position like against United on the wing.

Ramsey, the Ox and Giroud. Let's do all our shopping up the Arsenal.
I can't stand Giroud but he would be a massive improvement on the non Lukaku forwards. Ox is too much like the wingers we have now but is talented so maybe at a good price. Giroud would never come here probably not for the others as well

Steve Walsh will earn his wage

Have faith
He'll need to. He has his work cut out though mate
For me our biggest problem and the one that needed addressing as soon as the window opens is the midfield. That is where we are losing points. We rely far to heavily on the legs of Gana and 35 year old Barry. That's it.
Sadly Jags is finished and needs replacing.
We still need a box to box midfielder who can control the pace of the game and be the link between our defenders and attackers.
We still need a No 10 who can unlock a stubborn defence.
We still need a striker to push Lukaku for a starting position or play along side him.
The worrying this is bar the Jags issue who's decline has happened almost over night, the rest of those positions have been a problem for 2-3 seasons and both Koeman and Martinez noted these positions needed addressing but didn't do it.
We don't need Depay - not unless we are shipping out Kev or someone as we have enough inconsistent wingers.
Then there are the other positions that maybe aren't a priority but will be come the summer. Another RB, another LB, a proper No 1 GK. I fully back the manager but unless he's backed this team are going to achieve sod all.

He's been injured all season but started every game since he got back.

He started vs Utd.

He'll need to. He has his work cut out though mate
For me our biggest problem and the one that needed addressing as soon as the window opens is the midfield. That is where we are losing points. We rely far to heavily on the legs of Gana and 35 year old Barry. That's it.
Sadly Jags is finished and needs replacing.
We still need a box to box midfielder who can control the pace of the game and be the link between our defenders and attackers.
We still need a No 10 who can unlock a stubborn defence.
We still need a striker to push Lukaku for a starting position or play along side him.
The worrying this is bar the Jags issue who's decline has happened almost over night, the rest of those positions have been a problem for 2-3 seasons and both Koeman and Martinez noted these positions needed addressing but didn't do it.
We don't need Depay - not unless we are shipping out Kev or someone as we have enough inconsistent wingers.
Then there are the other positions that maybe aren't a priority but will be come the summer. Another RB, another LB, a proper No 1 GK. I fully back the manager but unless he's backed this team are going to achieve sod all.

They'll both have an idea of what they are lacking and in which area, if he wants to implement a pressing game then you'll probably see someone like depay arrive. It also depends on who is available, no post in buying for the sake of it, hopefully there are some agreements already in place

They probably all are mate...him and Sule!

Id take Sanchez, bazoer and dolberg from ajax as the new spine.

I watched the Hoffenheim game yesterday for work.

Was impressed with Sule again though he did make a few errors - similar to how Stones used to - though nothing that led to a goal.

However, he is very good on the ball, and we clearly need a ball-playing defender who can actually defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back