January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever else we think of the RS at least they go out and try to solve their problems by buying new players - even if it's on the hotline to Southampton. I realise that it takes a while to find the right defenders with PL quality and the likes of Firmino took a while to look half decent BUT when are we going to get a few good men in? But we prefer to be loyal to failing players and as for giving youth a chance - don't make me laugh!!! Arsenal, United and the RS never have a problem with doing it. Spurs a bit less. Obviously Chelsea and City prefer to buy in first teamers. But look at the likes of Southampton.. whereas we just pick up second hand rags from United or Wigan - plus of course the obligatory useless loanee (Atsu, Drenthe, Valencia, Ferrari, Jo, Jeffers, McFadden, Traore etc etc)

We're chock full of Over the Top, Not Good Enough, Injury Prone players.

Well, we need 10 first team players at least and that ain't happening in one, maybe even a couple of windows. So you address the priorities first.

So far, excluding our demolition to Chelsea, the defensive has looked 'okay', though Jags and Stek have tried their best to disprove that. Don't think we will strengthen either the defence or keeping positions this window, either we miss our targets or don't really have any yet.

If we do go for Van Dijk I wouldn't frown at that, though if the reds are in for him just got to hope he has some sort of allegiance to Koeman. Keeper, well not really clued up on who we should go for, I guess Forster, Butland, maybe Hart if we had to. Full backs may be an issue for the future, I'm more concerned of the left side. Again I have no idea who would be a reasonable acquisition here, maybe Ben Davies of Spurs.

Midfield is an obvious concern that we should definitely address in January. In my view we should go all out for Schneiderlin. An underused player at United and one of the few who undeservedly doesn't get enough games. Would be a fantastic replacement for Barry.

Then we need 2/3 other options - Winger, box to box and creative midfielder. Probably will only address one of these next window, it should be creative midfielder but I don't think it will be. I'm thinking a player who could be flexible with positions, there's been Rumours of Depay. It just needs to be someone with more reliability and consistency than Bolasie, and I doubt whether Depay is the answer.

Then forward options. Again, not many ideas but really not keen on Gabbiadini in all honesty. Hate to say it because I laughed off the link, but I get that we need someone 'like' Troy Deeney but obviously not Troy Deeney and preferably someone a lot better. But you get the idea, someone who is going to work hard and press when Lukaku isn't (Which at present is a lot). Lukaku's replacement next summer, where do we even start? Someone of Lacazette's ability and potential would be great. Bit of a stretch that one though. Dream would be him and Javier Hernandez.

Just a few ideas. I trust Walsh has had enough time to set some templates. Interesting to see what he comes up with.

January isn't always an ideal time to buy but as a minimum I would like to see us bring in a new goalkeeper, centre half, central midfielder and striker.

strikers go through spells. Guidetti is like for like with Lukaku too. Tall but better ball skills. would be a good option and have something to prove and has worked well and with Koeman before. if we sold Lukaku for £60m and bought Guidetti for £10M I would not be complaining.

IMG_3953.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.