Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it weird?

There's no evidence we are interested in any of them, other than a few comments here and there (the only firm indication was that bit about Sanchez).

You're not the fountain of knowledge of football Zat. Just because you rate them, doesn't mean we're actually interested or ever have been...

True but I bet in a couple of years people will be slagging off walsh and co for not getting them, just at the same time they move onto Chelsea, united and such for crazy money. Everton survived by buying prospects and selling big, we shouldn't be spending £28m on Bolasie and such for the fun of it, rather see proven top talent for that price, or as I say take the gamble on young players like bazoer, tielemans, dolberg, klaassen and other cheaper alternatives to british. Stones, Holgate and calvert-lewin spring to mind.

Been reading my posts again mate ;)

Bazoer I have seen for a couple of years now, the klaassen one was weird because I thought he was 29 not 23, I didn't want klaassen to push out barkley, but at 23 I think he is the more consistent of the two.

True but I bet in a couple of years people will be slagging off walsh and co for not getting them, just at the same time they move onto Chelsea, united and such for crazy money. Everton survived by buying prospects and selling big, we shouldn't be spending £28m on Bolasie and such for the fun of it, rather see proven top talent for that price, or as I say take the gamble on young players like bazoer, tielemans, dolberg, klaassen and other cheaper alternatives to british. Stones, Holgate and calvert-lewin spring to mind.

If you signed every 'prospect' on the basis they may come through and be good, you wouldn't get anywhere.

Klaassen is 25 and an established international player.

We're not spending big on 'proven' players for the fun of it - we're doing it because we needed players that could go straight into the starting XI and had experience of the world's hardest league.

I can guarantee if we brought in two Ajax youngsters, in the middle of a Premier League campaign, they would have very little effect on our league placing. They need time to adapt.

If you signed every 'prospect' on the basis they may come through and be good, you wouldn't get anywhere.

We're not spending big on 'proven' players for the fun of it - we're doing it because we needed players that could go straight into the starting XI and had experience of the world's hardest league.

I can guarantee if we brought in two Ajax youngsters, in the middle of a Premier League campaign, they would have very little effect on our league placing. They need time to adapt.

Im not saying we could/should sign every prospect, we need the experience too of course. It winds me up when we see rivals buying top talent that we should be in the mix for, instead wasting time on players like Bolasie and sissoko. I just don't trust Everton to spend big on the right players, especially when cheaper talents are on offer.

Like seeing some pauper win the lottery then go all big time Charlie throwing cash at everything.

Im not saying we could/should sign every prospect, we need the experience too of course. It winds me up when we see rivals buying top talent that we should be in the mix for, instead wasting time on players like Bolasie and sissoko. I just don't trust Everton to spend big on the right players, especially when cheaper talents are on offer.

Like seeing some pauper win the lottery then go all big time Charlie throwing cash at everything.
Which rivals are going for which top talents though? I think it's clear that we're not attractive enough to get top tier players in at the moment.

Why is it weird?

There's no evidence we are interested in any of them, other than a few comments here and there (the only firm indication was that bit about Sanchez).

You're not the fountain of knowledge of football Zat. Just because you rate them, doesn't mean we're actually interested or ever have been...

If you read back the conversation, were on about moving for players now like other clubs do.

those three are an example.

Davy Klaasen is 23.

Which rivals are going for which top talents though? I think it's clear that we're not attractive enough to get top tier players in at the moment.

That's my point, we are wasting time going for players like Sissoko and Witsel, then ending up with Valencia and overhyped Bolasie.
I seen Denis Praet went to Sampdoria, ziyech went to ajax, bazoer on the move, dolberg being courted by City. The type of players that we need to be involved in, god knows what id give to get a Pienaar, Lescott, Arteta or cahill again. All cost about £20m between them, if we are not looking for gems/bargains then why the hell have we signed walsh and restructured some of the backroom staff/scouts ?

Bazoer I have seen for a couple of years now, the klaassen one was weird because I thought he was 29 not 23, I didn't want klaassen to push out barkley, but at 23 I think he is the more consistent of the two.
I suspect that if Barkley played in Holland he would be the seen as the next Bergkamp and only be found out when he came to a competitive league - see Depay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back