Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought his Isis was they only offered him a short term New deal, he wanted more years, seems a familiar trend with Saints, Kidman they messed around with the same, one could almost think they do it on purpose to force people to move to get them fees, maybe now they will settle for there place as fans, little no mark club whose men stink of fish and whose woman pleasure the sailors of the world

Is @ijjysmith a sailor then?

wouldn't mind fonte tbh, he's not as close to being finished as jags is, so shipping him out and replacing with fonte would be useful, but we have more pressing matters. I don't agree that we need another young centre back as some are suggesting though, we already have holgate and galloway to share the 4th/5th choice CB (mori is fairly young too), so ideally would get a big pacey no nonsense CB in their prime years to go alongside williams. But i think that'll be resolved in the summer myself.
I don't think fonte's transfer request is anything to do with us though.

This is a fair summation. It's make or break time for Pennington, Browning and Galloway. If they don't get any opportunities this season they will be gone. I suspect all we be gone, which is a shame. IN honesty I only rate Pennington as good enough.

We are looking at a number of younger centre halves, who are built like monsters. That seems to be the way Koeman/Walsh are going. However Fonte if we could add someone like Fonte it would be a signing of convenience.

This is a fair summation. It's make or break time for Pennington, Browning and Galloway. If they don't get any opportunities this season they will be gone. I suspect all we be gone, which is a shame. IN honesty I only rate Pennington as good enough.

We are looking at a number of younger centre halves, who are built like monsters. That seems to be the way Koeman/Walsh are going. However Fonte if we could add someone like Fonte it would be a signing of convenience.

yeah pennington and browning did a job for me, but nothing more than that, i didn't think they looked good enough for where we aspire to be in all honesty. Galloway just looked good calm and confident even in an unfavoured position. Not saying he's starting material in the next few years, but definitely squad player material. But imo we have enough young centre backs there, especially if we go out and buy a young keeper like pickford as our number one, we'd need more experience in defence.

I think Browning and Galloway have some of the attributes Koeman looks for, both quick across the ground but possibly not strong enough yet. All three I though did enough when called into the first team picture to warrent another chance, problem is with no European football and our early exit from the League Cup plus a tricky FA Cup draw you can't see where that chance will come.

Man United I'd bet on.

yeah, i was thinking them or a team like chelsea, somewhere where he'll get paid a fair bit just to sit on their bench. United are stockpield with defenders though, they really should be trimming their squad, seems like we'll be doing that for them though ha.

I'm going to keep mentioning the boy Klaassen hoping some lazy journo picks up on it and starts the ball rolling.

So yeah, Klaassen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back