Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it were a permanent deal? That's a shame.

FIFA rules don't seem to distinguish between loan and permanent transfers:
"Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs."

Why are Dembele, Manolas and Strootman not doable? All aren't in the very top bracket and we apparently have cash to burn. All three are playing outside the 2nd richest league in the World behind China so wages will be much more attractive than elsewhere. We should be able to compete with the top 6 for these signatures baring in mind they'd definitely be regular starters here. If we carry on thinking 'average' then we'll carry on being average. How many laughed when we said we'd buy Lukaku?
Fabregas is not guaranteed a place at Chelsea these days. We need a marquee signing. The biggest 'hole' we have is a creative lock-picker who can undo the tight defensive set-ups that the majority of teams set up with. I'm not suggesting he'd fall over at the chance to come here, but if we carry on looking at the Snodgrasses, the Mirallas,s and the Stekelenbergs of the World then we'll be staying right where we are now....7th or lower.

We have to break this cycle of getting in avaerage players.

I personally consider those players just out of reach, we would need European football to have a chance I think.

We should aim for available players this window I think personally, the summer, is a different window, ideally with Europa, hopefully.

I personally consider those players just out of reach, we would need European football to have a chance I think.

We should aim for available players this window I think personally, the summer, is a different window, ideally with Europa, hopefully.

Before Moshiri I would agree. But, we are told it is quantum change at Everton so let's see it happen. If we can offer £60M for Koubiliy then there's no reason whatsoever we can't get this type of player, or at least bid for them and see what transpires.

Imagine what Gibson was thinking when we offered him a new contract. He was probably saying are these guys nuts.

Before Moshiri I would agree. But, we are told it is quantum change at Everton so let's see it happen. If we can offer £60M for Koubiliy then there's no reason whatsoever we can't get this type of player, or at least bid for them and see what transpires.

Think we tried that in the summer and got nowhere. Can't see Roma even selling Strootman now anyway as he's proved his fitness this season. Not sure on Manolas as apparently he's not getting a game.

Definitely need some players and decent ones at that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back