Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fonte worries me a bit, Never really thought he was special and for him to hand a transfer request in....I recon he's been contacted by us. Don't want him..too old.
Hope im wrong..not what we need right now

We can attract far better than the likes of Sigurdson. We were signing better players than him back in 1994, when we had absolutely no money and were fighting relegation battles. We were signing better players than him under Moyes. We have better players than him right now.

Really?

He's a very good player imo - better than any other option we currently have as a 'playmaker' after Barkley.

We're so reliant on Barkley to create, as we have nobody else capable of getting us goals/creating chances from midfield - something which Sigurdsson has done all of his PL career.

If we are going to go after any defender this window, it should be Michael Keane. Good player, good potential, good price. This allows us to cover an area well until we focus on a more established center half in the summer window.

If we are going to go after any defender this window, it should be Michael Keane. Good player, good potential, good price. This allows us to cover an area well until we focus on a more established center half in the summer window.

Really doubt Burnley will be letting him go this window.

Summer we should definitely be in for him though.

I don't listen to many rumours with a great interest eggs, I remember a couple of years ago I mentioned a player (cant remember who) who I thought would of been a great buy for us. A few posters jumped in and exchanged views, come the evening news it said we were after a certain player that we had spoke about that day - came out of thin air with no credible links.

I even suggested to a couple of mods we should start a random rumour and all go with the flow, see how long it is before the media spies rob our ideas.

I think it was the same time we all joked about kenwyne jones and such.

We can't keep signing deadwood that won't add long term quality to the squad.

I don't want us to panic buy and over pay this January.

I'd rather we wait until the summer and spend big then on more suitable targets and when clubs are more likely to sell.

Fonte worries me a bit, Never really thought he was special and for him to hand a transfer request in....I recon he's been contacted by us. Don't want him..too old.
Hope im wrong..not what we need right now

Short term cover for united I think. I think Mourinho doesn't fancy half his squad, same as Koeman except Koeman has come out publically and slated players whilst asking the board to replace them.

Now united are holding out for £24m instead of £22m, they know we are desperate to replace a lot of the players.

BREAKING NEWS

Stoke City have made a formal bid to buy West Bromstriker Saido Berahino, according to Sky sources.

There is so far no indication of the value of the Stoke bid, but we understand it is less than the £20m offer from Tottenham that was rejected in the summer of 2015. Stoke also had a similar bid rejected in the summer.

Berahino hasn't played for Albion since September, and was sent to a training camp in France last month to improve his fitness. He hasn't scored a Premier League goal since February last year.

Bad news for #SaidoCamp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back