Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see us signing VVD now or in the summer. But its nice to entertain the thought. Highly unlikely but not impossible.

"If" he joined us it would be a completely transformational signing, one that would convince any doubter of Moshiri's ambition, and the appeal of that ambition to players.

We don't necessarily need one signing like that, but it would be a huge boost and would have a big knock-on effect. It would mean we were concretely back at the table rather than be seen to be competing with the Stokes and West Broms of this world.

With the amount of 3rd parties involved in transfers these days it is easy enough to sound out whether or not a player is interested well in advance of making a formal approach. It would say a lot for us if VVD is genuinely interested in coming here, I mean really interested and not "they're a great club with a great manager but I'd rather play for Chelsea".

I imagine in those circumstances Southampton would take us for all we have, north of £50m.

Is VVD really that amazing? I mean, I know he's good but people are talking about him as if he's a superstar. Talk of £50m seems a bit crazy to me.

i'd want varane for that sort of money myself, i still think that sort of fee should be spent on matchwinners. I know defenders in their right mind are match winners, but their main job is to stop the opposition, the guys at the other end of the field are usually the matchwinners in my mind.

Even thou we aint skint now I cant see us having the money need for VVD. If we only needed two players maybe, but we need several and spending that much on one person might be too much at this stage

i'd want varane for that sort of money myself, i still think that sort of fee should be spent on matchwinners. I know defenders in their right mind are match winners, but their main job is to stop the opposition, the guys at the other end of the field are usually the matchwinners in my mind.
We have one of those mate thankfully. If we can find a world class CB then whatever we pay is worth it in my opinion. Same with a keeper.

Even thou we aint skint now I cant see us having the money need for VVD. If we only needed two players maybe, but we need several and spending that much on one person might be too much at this stage
This is last Summer's funds we are spending now in January mate. It's there.

What about ffp rules?? I know we have 75 million for the Finch naming deal but I would be suprised if we could grab VVD as well as Snides and Lookman...?
He's going to go for more than Stones surely ?

What about ffp rules?? I know we have 75 million for the Finch naming deal but I would be suprised if we could grab VVD as well as Snides and Lookman...?
He's going to go for more than Stones surely ?

Cant you make your own ffp rules up when you have money? City seemed to find away, not that we have that much, besides we havent sold anyone so far, I wonder if we will to balance things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back