Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf lookman has scored more than him this season already. I think even if we don't sell him he'd be on and off the bench at most. Personally thinks he has more to offer than lennon as even lennon hasn't been good this season either, at least deulofeu could produce a bit of magic from nowhere. But i don't think we'll see much more of him this season sadly.
Although he took his chance very well I think it would be a bit niave to read too much into Lookman scoring when he came on at the weekend. Deulofeu is hugely talented and is more capable of creating goalscoring opportunities than anyone else in our squad when he's on form. IMO we should be doing everything we can to get him back into form and making a difference for us on the pitch.

I'm not sure Fonte is who we should be looking at

For me, I'd like to see us get someone aged around the 25-28, someone just entering or already in their prime. We have some really promising looking young defenders, and some good old hands, but no one really in between. Fonte falls into the latter category

He's going to West Ham.

Obviously been a stipulation of United selling him that they had a buy back clause so no surprise we pulled away from the deal.
Yup and glad we did. The gamble then would of been all ours. He does bad we have more dead wood, He does great, We loose him to them. Horrible deal for us that.

I do also appreciate that I have stated the obvious :blush:

Yup and glad we did. The gamble then would of been all ours. He does bad we have more dead wood, He does great, We loose him to them. Horrible deal for us that.

I do also appreciate that I have stated the obvious :blush:

Just guessing, but reckon United would have effectively wanted there money back on what they paid to sell him without the buy back, so way overpriced, and we weren't willing to pay it (rightly so) and weren't willing to get him on the cheap when if he works out then it just means they bring him back and we make a small profit for developing there player etc.

Things have picked up a bit this morning. West Brom have had a 10m bid for Livermore accepted apparantly and they're talking to Watford about Igalo. Fonte maybe to West Ham and Southampton looking to bring in Sakho.
Quiet on the Everton front but i still think we'll bring in two more.

Things have picked up a bit this morning. West Brom have had a 10m bid for Livermore accepted apparantly and they're talking to Watford about Igalo. Fonte maybe to West Ham and Southampton looking to bring in Sakho.
Quiet on the Everton front but i still think we'll bring in two more.

West Brom go from Schneiderlin to Livermore. Excellent.

I really wanted Ighalo here early last summer but he's gone right off the boil hasn't he?

Although he took his chance very well I think it would be a bit niave to read too much into Lookman scoring when he came on at the weekend. Deulofeu is hugely talented and is more capable of creating goalscoring opportunities than anyone else in our squad when he's on form. IMO we should be doing everything we can to get him back into form and making a difference for us on the pitch.

BARCA would never have let him go were he showing any chance of fulfilment and the re-sign option is merely insurance should a miracle occur. He's infuriating, all that talent yet there are times he doesn't seem remotely arsed. Embarrassed for him V LEIC, the screaming a la Ned Flanders, right in front of where I sit, after a challenge that barely - seriously - barely touched him. And he done it twice...once of the LEIC players actually started laughing at him cos he got a fright. More conviction applied to winning a foul than getting stuck the eff in...and the arm flailing and ranting, I wish he'd just turn it rarrrrrrr down and concentrate on playing...

Because he could be great.

Instead I feel he'll become a journeyman nearly-man, club to club with little bursts of brilliance and an' attitude that stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back