Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that say mate?

Apparently he is already on his way to us.

This is the original article from Germany yesterday, where the English press have picked up the story today - http://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/vfl-talent-anton-donkor-neuer-interessent-aus-england/

The interest of the English second division Aston Villa on a commitment of VfL talent Anton Donkor has cooled down. For this, a Premier League club now has Wolfsburg's 19-year-old outsider: Everton FC. Donkor is already on his way to Everton to introduce himself.

At the VfL, the native of Göttingen had regularly trained with the pros, and was also part of the winter training camp in La Manga. He played at the VfL II in the regional league. Already as the interest of Aston Villa became known, Donkor had shouted with a change: "To develop me further, a loan to England would certainly be a good thing. Especially since I would be the body-weighted football in England. "Now it could even go into the top league - Everton thinks of a loan until the end of the season.

Last bit is a bit odd, but maybe it's just Google Translate.

I posted this in the Sunderland thread (World Football)....but its appropriate here and I'm interested in others opinions...

If Gibson goes to the north east, when Sunderland visit GP on 02/25 - there is a chance that we could be facing 5 ex blues (Lescott, Anichebe, Pienaar, Rodwell and Gibson)

Is that some sort of record I wonder?

Erm there's a very good chance all five of them will be injured mate. It will be like Holby central in there treatment room.

Because he was hounded by tits. Spoilt kids attitude from some. Pathetic

The German article says he might be heading our way on loan till the end of the season, hard to see the point in that but it's not really worth discussing as it's probably for youth team.

Tbh if you put out a series of attention seeking posts, hint that you know things, and revel in a bit of celebrity, then you will get some stick when it all turns out to be garbage.

Strange but we had a decent crop of youngsters coming through, Anichiebe, James Vaughn and a little later Rodwell, all suffered horrible injuries throughout their careers and all had promising careers in front of them, such a shame really.

Even without the injuries - I don't think any were good enough at the end of the day tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back