Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley wouldnt be doubling his wages mate.

No but the point I'm making is that it's not like he went to a team that was likely to struggle , he went to a team that was fourth favourite to win the premier league . For example you said something like nobody Could have predicted it and Chelsea were as dirge as us . Well they were about 13/2 and we were about 200/1.

That was the point I was making , he might have moved for the money but he may well have been ambitious as well . Leicester may well be in the champions league this year whilst Chelsea aren't but over the term of Kante's contract who do to think will be there the most ?

Schneiderlin is the Barry replacement, so it would make sense if he was more direct like Barry has been for us.

In order to compete with big clubs you need depth at every position so I'm not really concerned about solidifying midfield before finding another striker or playmaker. To me it speaks to Koeman's confidence that the money will be there when he needs it. If we were pinching pennies like in years past then Morgs probably wouldn't have been brought in over other priorities.

Great. Hoofball it is then.

*jumps in timetub machine*

Do you mean Hot Tub Time Machine?!

giphy.gif

Omg this thread has gone right down hill, gone from over joyied we spent money to what a waste of money, we're done, we've won 2 games we arnt buying anyone.

We have 5 days left, 5 not 2 minutes, get a grip of yourselves, we WILL spend more money

Morgan is a great player and a great buy. Go back to the summer and all we heard was...we've brought a scrub, cast off, a useless player who's just been relegated and so on an so forth.
He's easily been our player of the season

Removing Cleverley and adding Davies...and then adding someone like Sigurdsson would have made us stronger. This just makes us unbalanced.
But Dave.
If we play three central defenders, three central midfielders giving our full backs freedom to operate almost as wingers, with a main striker supported by a no. 10.
That doesn't sound unbalanced to me.

Removing Cleverley and adding Davies...and then adding someone like Sigurdsson would have made us stronger. This just makes us unbalanced.

I'm a big fan of Sigurdsson too mate but for me we needed a Schneiderlin more (obviously we've since had Davies boss games but the middle is where matches are won and lost).

We tried for Sigurdsson in the summer but he said no, and I imagine the price he'd carry right now would be £30-40m based on his importance to Swansea's survival (attempt lol).

If anything right now we need a quality forward to play alongside Rom. Especially when Barkley is playing brilliantly in the current formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back