Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say no more signing at all though did he mate, said he always looks at the youth set up first and if he doesn't see anyone there then he will make a signing
What he actually said was that he didn't expect any major business being done at Everton during this window.

Still, what a manager is saying and what actually is happening are two completely different things I learnt. Most of the time at least.

lol

Just

lol

He said: “As a coach, I see if a new signing can hinder the development of a new talent. We can go and sign again, but in six months a talent might just be ready.

“Then you want to give him perspective. I think it’s nice to see the young players from their own training centres in England knock on the door.

“I want to give them confidence. In England, they generally hesitate, and don’t play young players too early. But as a Dutchman, I just don’t hesitate to give them a chance.”

But ok, DaveKay knows best.

Michael Branch.
George Green

IMG_2114.webp

lol

Just

lol
Dave if you don't mind me saying, it sounds like you don't like koeman. What is it that makes you not like him? I only ask because you think it's funny that Koeman wants to play youth players at a time when we have 3 young players in the team and another sadly injured keeping them out of the match day squad. What more can he do to change your mind on playing young players?

What he actually said was that he didn't expect any major business being done at Everton during this window.

Still, what a manager is saying and what actually is happening are two completely different things I learnt. Most of the time at least.
I don't see where he says that, either. He simply said he looks at the youth squad first. Which simply confirms he isn't INSANE.

Dave if you don't mind me saying, it sounds like you don't like koeman. What is it that makes you not like him? I only ask because you think it's funny that Koeman wants to play youth players at a time when we have 3 young players in the team and another sadly injured keeping them out of the match day squad. What more can he do to change your mind on playing young players?
Please no, take this to the Koeman thread. He says it 800 times in there. Nothing wrong with an opinion, but please, not here.

I am hopeful of a suprise signing but it appears to me that we are going to promote Davies Holgate lookman and lewen into the set up this season and give them a chance. Not a bad thing as they represent 4 new players between the summer and now and they cost next to nothing really. I actually like the idea of giving them chances to develop and earn a place instead of spending loads of money on players who may or may not fit the team right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back