Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koemans statement about not wanting to buy if it hinders youth development is an excuse for no new signings I think. Pity we are not big enough yet to routinely attract proven experienced players who can start immediately - not leave us experimenting with youth who may or may not turn out good.

Now if there is a stand out youth talent, as Davis is emerging as, then that's one thing to play them. But to make it a policy in multiple first team positions smacks of B league team status sorry to say.

Its a strange one really. Play him off lukaku? Thats the only place i can see him playing in the starting 11 but is he better then kev? I dont think so.

He could he a cheap back up to barkley maybe. He was very highly rated at one point. Just seems to of lost his way from what I've heard. Dont think he's better then what we have though and like you doubt its a credible link.

Great at Empoli and also Roma but Spaletti has changed the system so they dont play a Deep playmaker...theyre also after 2 or 3 box to box midfielders for about £5mil each so a sale makes sense.

I think he may go to Juve.

McCarthy £16mil rejected? is that newcastle?

£18.5mil payable in the summer and we make a £5mil profit and it adds to our spending power in summer. This window is covered with the stones money and we should have made more use of it.

i still think one surprise will be on the way...if were lucky possibly even Jose Baxter level of epic shock.

Great at Empoli and also Roma but Spaletti has changed the system so they dont play a Deep playmaker...theyre also after 2 or 3 box to box midfielders for about £5mil each so a sale makes sense.

I think he may go to Juve.

Oh really? You must of seen more of him then me. So I'll take your word. I only saw a handful of games when he was at boca but he seemed to play more advanced be a bit of a frank lampard type of player.

The last sentence it says he also played youth at southampton lol

I reckon Unsworth or Walsh have brainwashed him.

Wasn't there a thing about Southamptons youth players coming through now are the ones they brought into the club when they were in leauge one. So basically the vast majority are nowhere near prem standard. Thats why koeman didn't bring through the youth at Southampton.

He is a attacking mid bit of a marauder if memorie serves. Bags of energy but i only ever seen him play the odd game for boca a few years ago. Arsenal have been heavily linked in the past i think
Sounds like he is exactly what we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back