Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye.

TBH, the only disappointing thing for me now is the seeming probably of Robertson heading to Burnley.

With us having sold Bry, would've loved to have gone for him as Baines' long-term replacement.

Could still do with a forward player IMO, and most of us know we've been in for more than just the boy Belf, but it seems that the chatter, as Goat would say, is indeed dry.

Its a strange 1 all round, that Jags thing, Ronny mentioning Keane today, saying we dont need a striker, im baffled, it doesnt take much, but I smell a big fat rat.

Yep

As expected really

Feel we are a little bit light in attacking areas but we're in a decent position and we should be able to get through to the summer, when hopefully a bit more surgery will be done on the squad

Yeh we could definitely have done with another attacker.

But I really am confident that if we were desperate, we'd get one in.

Koeman, rightly or wrongly, has seemingly decided against it.

Unless, unless... something crops up late on, I'd imagine.

Moshiri has certainly got us going in the right direction and doing the right things to build for success long term since he's come in.

We are still waiting for that marquee signing though, and as unlikely as it looks at the moment, getting a big name in before the window closed would give the squad a huge boost as well as boosting our exposure globally and might make it easier to bring in better players in the summer. Fingers crossed we can get something done.

This will come, but in summer. Without Europe it's an incredibly hard sell.

Binned off McGeady, Hibbert, osman, Pienar, Howard
Signed Lookman, Bolassie

I forgot about all them other 'bins'. We've got shut of so many, I couldn't remember if them other 5 mutants left before or after Koeman.

Back to back windows of sell to buy:
Don't need a new striker content with Enner
Jags staying and phantom bid for M Keane
Happy to off load Del because Kevin started playing well just as we was happy with Steklenb' instead of Hart because of few good games
Whole thing is rotten to the core.

Happy with who we have signed so far and got rid of deadwood but we have real chance of top6 and club do not wish to kick on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back