Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

giphy.gif

* Earlier post asking if anyone had mentioned net spend.....

I don't believe it's impossible to get an improvement on keV/Deulofeu/Lennon/Kone/Valencia over the course of two windows.

I think it churlish to deny anybody questioning that.

Net spend will always be mentioned by many Everton supporter due to our history in the transfer market. Couldn't be arsed with it myself, nor sell to buy, but I certainly understand the scepticism amongst some.
I agree. Apart from Mirallas that is a list of no hopers. The question isn't just improving, it's improving by a significant amount, be arsed with slightly improving on Lennon (not hard) then being stuck with him for another 2-3 seasons. We're shopping in a different market now. Koeman doesn't strike me as a settler. He wants top quality, there is more than enough proof that is extremely rare in January especially recent January's.

It's a missed opportunity IMO, as there is still things to play for this season, BUT, as long as there is serious attempt to improve the team come summer, it's fine. Still time, though.

Sissoko was nearly done in far less than that or as far as we were led to believe.

True, like I mentioned earlier we got Pienaar back pretty late on in 2012 after he'd played for Spurs and let's not forget in 08 when we went to bed fuming at no signings and woke to the news that Fellaini had joined in a then club record deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back