Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hoping for a bit more of an ending...it is indeed hard to acquire depth when you only have league games left, but man, really would've liked an upgrade somewhere.

Be interesting to see if any stories of deals that didn't happen we didn't know about appear in the press. Personally I'm not too bothered. Lookman looks a gem, Schneiderlin is a class act and we got rid of all the deadwood. If Rom signs a new contract and we finally announce a new stadium then You'll need a plastic surgeon to remove the smile from my face!

Rom loves Mola, Ross and Bolaskeng. He's got plenty of Friends.

No Jacob. Don't say that.
He won't be here forever. I'd be looking at the lack of signings this month and calling Raiola if I were him. Signing one player for the first team and getting rid of 7 squad players isn't something that builds confidence or indicates we're trying to build on what we have at the moment.

Spider-Man and lookman mate are good additions and binning of the players sitting of getting a wedge for doing some keep ups in training is a good window.

Yearh if lukaku gets injured were playing probably Kev up top but let's hope lukaku stays fit tho.

It would have been a decent window, but we have wasted the profit from the Stones sale.

A big player will have to be sold in the summer to pay the wages of the new signings.

No LB cover

No striker cover

One back up CB as we now play 3 at the back

If Barkley gets injured we don't have a AM

Great window
But we're rich! In the summer we will sign Messi to back up Ross, Lewandowski to replace Rom, one of the Juventus center backs (take your pick). We will be just fine....

I'm baffled too...when did Elstone say that?

At the AGM Friend.

Just so I'm thinking correctly, we would be better off selling say Barkley for 30 mill as opposed to Lukaku for 40mill due to the profit made from Barkley being greater to enable us to increase the wage budget?

Think both have 18months left on their contracts??? Thats the important factor, Roms book value will be greater than Ross, due to Ross being "free", but not a major difference IMO, could be wrong like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back