Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager: Carlo Ancelotti

GK
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Jonas Lössl
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Djibril Sidibé
Cuco Martina

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines (HG)

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)

DM/CM/AM
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
André Gomes (+)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin (+)
Tom Davies (UA)
Morgan Schneiderlin (HG)

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Theo Walcott (HG)

ST
Moise Kean (UA)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse

Total players: 25
10 HG/13 Non-HG/2 UnderAge
Max 17 Non-HG

Players culled so far: 21
A.Williams(OOC), Jagielka(OOC), JJK(Loan), Vlasic(Sale), Sandro(Loan), Galloway(Free), Virginia(Loan), Dowell(Loan), Garbutt(Loan), Tarashaji(Loan), Robinson(Sale), Lookman(Sale), Gana(Sale), J.Williams(Sale), McCarthy(Sale), Pennington(Loan), Besic(Loan), Onyekuru(Sale), Connolly(Loan), Mirallas(Free?), Bolaise(Loan)

Players purchased : 7
Lossl, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Sidibe(Loan), Iwobi

Just wanted to make some edits, waiting for my thread to get unlocked due to inactivity.

The problems for me are very clear, whether we can fix them in a Winter window we shall see.

We, of course, have an issue at CB, we have been very lucky that we havent suffered any major injuries in that area, Keane is looking next-level bad, lets see if Carlo can sprinkle some dust, I doubt it, but numbers-wise we could do with a body in the CB area.

We need a body also in the CM area, Gomes and Gmblammo are long term injured, maybe we will see Gmblammo next month, but we certainly need a bit of quality in the middle.

Everything else will probably have to wait till summer, the problems are many and I doubt we will address them all in this Winter window, but the above are the 2 most pressing for me at this point in time.

Going forward can I request you split the culled list into culled and loaned out? It gives me a false sense of security seeing Bolasie and Sandro under the culled list when they’re actually coming back.

Agree about centre back, think our biggest issue is creativity though.

Going forward can I request you split the culled list into culled and loaned out? It gives me a false sense of security seeing Bolasie and Sandro under the culled list when they’re actually coming back.

Agree about centre back, think our biggest issue is creativity though.
Pace, speed of thought and creativity.

Pretty sure Sigurdson can be creative if he is given two minutes to get to the ball and another three to find the right pass.

Sad how much we have spent on rubbish.

Yes and no.

If we assume all those with contracts expiring in 2020 (not renewed) and 2021 (sold/loaned) leave this summer, and we sell 5 more players then Id say this is a means to an end,

Outfield players avg age is 24.6 years old at the start of next season.

Pickford 26
Lossl 31
Kenny 23
Sidibe 28
Holgate 23
Digne 27
Mina 25
Davies 22
Gomes 26
Delph 30
Gbamin 24
Iwobi 24
Bernard 27
Kean 20
Calvert Lewin 23
Richarlison 23

If we do bring in Sidibe and 8 players for the positions Ive mentioned tnen I actually think were not far off...mistakes seemed to have been a learning experience with Brands and Ancelotti now in place.

Would be a fantastic signing. If they go down at the end of the year, which I hope they do, he’ll want to leave and we badly need creativity and class in the middle of the park.

Those contract expiry lists make me very happy indeed. We’ll be free of so much dead weight in a year and a half. Add Sigurdsson, Tosun and Keane to the list of outs and we actually look alright.

Very creative little player, plays sexy through balls, it’s a yes from me. Same as Grealish, he’ll want to stay in this league and we could do worse.

The wages saved this summer could be enormous. Also, with the budgets currently in place we can utilise the salary savings to aim for a higher echelon of player...and pay them more.

For what it’s worth, Keane’s form last season has actually made him worth something again. I’m sure we could get ~20m from someone else in the league especially in today’s money.

Take that, add £30m, and go buy someone who is top drawer.

Probably need 2....

Maybe but we have other areas that need huge investment too. Mina has shown that he’s got the quality and I’d like us to see what he’s like with someone competent before replacing him.

Holgate has really stepped up this season and looks the business.

Those two and a new top signing has us covered.

For what it’s worth, Keane’s form last season has actually made him worth something again. I’m sure we could get ~20m from someone else in the league especially in today’s money.

Take that, add £30m, and go buy someone who is top drawer.

Thats why I like the Todibo link at €20mil. He and Holgate as the rotation options (for no outlay if we sell Keane) then go big on a centre back.

For a high potential young player like Upamecano i think his release clause drops to £40mil+ this summer. With that in mind, if were after a truly top tier centre back then i think we would be looking at a world record fee for Koulibaly or something similar for others who may have sell on clauses or long contracts (like Romagnoli who has a 30% sell on over €25mil to Roma but only 2 years on his contract).

I wouldnt be surprised if we broke the transfer record on a centre back and centre mid in Jan / Summer.

Maybe but we have other areas that need huge investment too. Mina has shown that he’s got the quality and I’d like us to see what he’s like with someone competent before replacing him.

Holgate has really stepped up this season and looks the business.

Those two and a new top signing has us covered.

Need 4 centre backs...Mina + Holgate + a prospect and a top tier signing.

Thats why I like the Todibo link at €20mil. He and Holgate as the rotation options (for no outlay if we sell Keane) then go big on a centre back.

For a high potential young player like Upamecano i think his release clause drops to £40mil+ this summer. With that in mind, if were after a truly top tier centre back then i think we would be looking at a world record fee for Koulibaly or something similar for others who may have sell on clauses or long contracts (like Romagnoli who has a 30% sell on over €25mil to Roma but only 2 years on his contract).

I wouldnt be surprised if we broke the transfer record on a centre back and centre mid in Jan / Summer.

If we managed to get any of those 4 I’d be delighted. Brands could rinse Barcelona once more.

Need 4 centre backs...Mina + Holgate + a prospect and a top tier signing.

We definitely do but whoever the 4th defender is will barely play unless we’re really unlucky with injuries.

For that role I’d rather us promote one of the u23s if they are as good as people say.

We definitely do but whoever the 4th defender is will barely play unless we’re really unlucky with injuries.

For that role I’d rather us promote one of the u23s if they are as good as people say.

Dont think any appear to be ready with Gibson the highest rated it appears and not signing a new deal.

Remember €20mil for Todibo or another similar highly rated prospect alongside Holgate could see both develop nicely and push for a place as a starter...if were serious about pushing high up the league we need 4.

An injury + suspension leaves us with 1 starter and a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back