Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was City today. But Ancelotti will now know after 3 games, and watching us closely in the run up to our securing him, who he wont want to trust in the team again for the rest of the season.

IMO he's going to know we are short up front as well as being exposed at CB and stretched in MF.

I think he'll leave MF alone though and just bring in a CB and, if available and maybe on loan, an attacker. We our very 'samey' with our options up front.

Yes, it was City today. But Ancelotti will now know after 3 games, and watching us closely in the run up to our securing him, who he wont want to trust in the team again for the rest of the season.

IMO he's going to know we are short up front as well as being exposed at CB and stretched in MF.

I think he'll leave MF alone though and just bring in a CB and, if available and maybe on loan, an attacker. We our very 'samey' with our options up front.

Re MF, need to relieve ourselves of Siggy and Davies just not good enough.

Re MF, need to relieve ourselves of Siggy and Davies just not good enough.
I think he'll be reluctant to get anyone on apermanant this January though. Gbamin and Gomes are going to get back in the team eventually.

For me, he has to go all out for a CB and a FW.

I think he'll be reluctant to get anyone on apermanant this January though. Gbamin and Gomes are going to get back in the team eventually.

I think we may go for all 3 imo, a cash signing for CB and/or striker and a loan for a midfielder

Amazed you think that Dave.

For me it has to be a centre midfielder...the midfield looks dreadful.

Gomes will be out for a year won’t he? Or is my timeline a little bit over the top.

If he’s not back till December I think a midfielder is our most important position. Davies/Delph could do a job as Gbamin & another mid begin to integrate themselves but next season I’d want Gbamin and a new signing as our first choice with Gomes coming back halfway the season and being slowly allowed back in.

I'm not sure how you could watch that today and think anything other than central midfield is the priority. CB is the only thing close but that's more a depth thing. The midfield is dire.

Gomes will be out for a year won’t he? Or is my timeline a little bit over the top.

If he’s not back till December I think a midfielder is our most important position. Davies/Delph could do a job as Gbamin & another mid begin to integrate themselves but next season I’d want Gbamin and a new signing as our first choice with Gomes coming back halfway the season and being slowly allowed back in.
He could play again this year. I'd be shocked if he didn't make it for preseason training at the latest.

He could play again this year. I'd be shocked if he didn't make it for preseason training at the latest.

My estimation well over the top then! Still would like a mid so Gbamin isn’t rushed back. But could understand a loan.

Though I would still prefer a third top midfielder to compliment Gbamin & Gomes.

Only a fool would think we dont need a string puller.

Image result for hakim ziyech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back