Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....day 2 of the window and the papers are full of reviews from last nights game. Not much to report by way of rumours, but here’s a few links this Thursday morning;

- The Scotsman and a number of other outlets report Everton lead the race for highly rated 17 year old Carlisle Centre Back, Jarrad Branthwaite. The defender in contracted until 2021 but is expected to leave Brunton Park this month. Branthwaite made his debut for the League 2 side earlier this month and Everton have watched him on several occasions.

- French reporter, Ignazio Genuardi, has revealed on Twitter that Everton have also been watching Bordeaux striker, Josh Maja. The 21 year old started at Manchester City before making his breakthrough at Sunderland.

- Spanish media outlet, Pucela Fichajes, say Everton are interested in Real Valladolid centre back, Mohammed Salisu, but might miss out on the 20 year old because Southampton have submitted an £8.5m bid for the Ghanaian.

- Gazetto Dello Sport report the Toffees could also miss out to Juventus on midfielder Dejan Kulusevski. The 19 year old is on loan at Parma from Atlanta.

- The Express continue to link Everton and West Ham with Marseille’s 25 year old midfielder, Morgan Sanson.

- According to Sky Sports Vinnie O’Connor, Everton are desperate to sign a Centre Back and particularly like Bournemouth’s 24 year old Nathan Ake.

- Fanatik report Besiktas ‘will make an offer’ this month for Everton’s 28 year old striker, Cenk Tosun.

.....day 2 of the window and the papers are full of reviews from last nights game. Not much to report by way of rumours, but here’s a few links this Thursday morning;

- The Scotsman and a number of other outlets report Everton lead the race for highly rated 17 year old Carlisle Centre Back, Jarrad Branthwaite. The defender in contracted until 2021 but is expected to leave Brunton Park this month. Branthwaite made his debut for the League 2 side earlier this month and Everton have watched him on several occasions.

- French reporter, Ignazio Genuardi, has revealed on Twitter that Everton have also been watching Bordeaux striker, Josh Maja. The 21 year old started at Manchester City before making his breakthrough at Sunderland.

- Spanish media outlet, Pucela Fichajes, say Everton are interested in Real Valladolid centre back, Mohammed Salisu, but might miss out on the 20 year old because Southampton have submitted an £8.5m bid for the Ghanaian.

- Gazetto Dello Sport report the Toffees could also miss out to Juventus on midfielder Dejan Kulusevski. The 19 year old is on loan at Parma from Atlanta.

- The Express continue to link Everton and West Ham with Marseille’s 25 year old midfielder, Morgan Sanson.

- According to Sky Sports Vinnie O’Connor, Everton are desperate to sign a Centre Back and particularly like Bournemouth’s 24 year old Nathan Ake.

- Fanatik report Besiktas ‘will make an offer’ this month for Everton’s 28 year old striker, Cenk Tosun.

I think Juve have signed that Swedish lad.

Thanks as ever Eggs!

Turkish team making an offer for Cenk - I've decided to stop seeing these as derisory offers from Turkey, but more a fair reflection of the player's worth and the Turkish teams knowing their value to them. A permanent deal with a wage cleared off the books = let him go. Any money we actually obtain is a bonus for some of our players, but maybe Tosun might bring some in.

I think Juve have signed that Swedish lad.
Play for a Champions League team with some world superstars in a country and a country you've settled into, or a no-idea-what-this-club-is-up-to-do-so-can-I-make-a-gamble-with-my-career Everton? I don't blame him for sticking with the Juventus option.

Thanks as ever Eggs!

Turkish team making an offer for Cenk - I've decided to stop seeing these as derisory offers from Turkey, but more a fair reflection of the player's worth and the Turkish teams knowing their value to them. A permanent deal with a wage cleared off the books = let him go. Any money we actually obtain is a bonus for some of our players, but maybe Tosun might bring some in.

...agree that a permanent transfer for Tosun would be good but I always suspect it‘ll be a loan deal when a Turkish club is involved.

Carlo loves a midfield 4 and I would love to have seen this diamond tried out:

Bernard

Gbamin Gomes

Holgate

A good combination for me and one that is defensively sound as well as creative. However, with 2 long term injuries already and Bernard unable to stay fit either then I can easily see Carlo bringing in 2 midfielders this window.

So disappointing though that we have good players now but just can’t use them.

I'd be all for Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back