Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amala is often used in colloquial Italian meaning love it or love her (the old lady)? for example amala per sempre = love her for ever. However in this context I would say it simply means "Love it"
Cheers. Guess I'm wrong then if that's he case. I'd have thought she wouldn't be happy with the extra competition for places.

That Haaland has one and just went to Dortmund for 17m. Meetings has one I think I have read and is active for the first 10 days of january. But it’s not just clauses but the fact that players at clubs like Barca etc will have players wanting to play on the hero’s and aren’t getting game time.
He went for considerably more than that. €30m for the transfer, €15m for Raiola, €10m to his dad

I know that, but it's short term and until the summer. You cant expect the club to be paying another £30M out for a MF player because we need to see another 15 or so games out. That's the hard nosed way they'll look at it. We need to buy in positions that will for certain need buying for: CB and upfront.

I agree but I think a Cm with pace is a priority . Even with everyone fit , any combination of Cm we have is slow and therefore it would be for the long term. I totally agree with needing a forward and cb, thinking about it everywhere apart from the full backs needs improving if I’m honest

Have we signed any young French lads for the youth teams ?

Ex-Marseille striker Habib Bamogo reveals Everton scouting role - Tribal Football
by Paul Vegas2020-01-02 19:46:51.000000

Former Olympique Marseille striker Habib Bamogo has confirmed he's now working as a France-based scout for Everton.
Bamogo admits he's been talent spotting at youth level for the Toffees for the past year.

He told Foot Mercato: "It's going to be a year in January, so it's going really fast. Me, I have an acquaintance in football, my cousin, who knew the (Everton) recruiter who takes care of the pros in France.

"He was looking for someone for young players. So, I met everyone and I was told that they were going to give me a six-month contract to see if it suited me too. I liked it, especially since I take care of young players so I see them all a little bit coming through, those who will become pro. It's something that I really like.

"I'm mainly in France. I'm working my schedule, I'm going to see the matches. Among young players, I think it's a bit different than when you recruit from the pros. There, it's up to you to discover them. Some, they are at an age where you do not know what they will become in 2-3 years so you have to try to detect the qualities and the things that you can develop, it is especially like that."

Have we signed any young French lads for the youth teams ?

Ex-Marseille striker Habib Bamogo reveals Everton scouting role - Tribal Football
by Paul Vegas2020-01-02 19:46:51.000000

Former Olympique Marseille striker Habib Bamogo has confirmed he's now working as a France-based scout for Everton.
Bamogo admits he's been talent spotting at youth level for the Toffees for the past year.

He told Foot Mercato: "It's going to be a year in January, so it's going really fast. Me, I have an acquaintance in football, my cousin, who knew the (Everton) recruiter who takes care of the pros in France.

"He was looking for someone for young players. So, I met everyone and I was told that they were going to give me a six-month contract to see if it suited me too. I liked it, especially since I take care of young players so I see them all a little bit coming through, those who will become pro. It's something that I really like.

"I'm mainly in France. I'm working my schedule, I'm going to see the matches. Among young players, I think it's a bit different than when you recruit from the pros. There, it's up to you to discover them. Some, they are at an age where you do not know what they will become in 2-3 years so you have to try to detect the qualities and the things that you can develop, it is especially like that."
Blamogo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back