Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loan centre back if we are stuck, that would be the lot, until the summer. Signing too many players in my opinion. leading to huge turnover in players, instability and to much turnover in the squad, its why we often look like a new team. Footballs sometimes a simple game of consistency, familiarity and simplicity
Yes. If we get too many players in, it may disrupt our current levels of performance.

It baffles me how so many of our signings who look so good elsewhere look so bad at Everton. You can blame the manager yes but some of these players still have their balls when they arrive here so I wonder why they disappear when they play for us.

It baffles me how so many of our signings who look so good elsewhere look so bad at Everton. You can blame the manager yes but some of these players still have their balls when they arrive here so I wonder why they disappear when they play for us.

When you turn up on day one and see bolasie doing tornado turns on his own in the car park and find out he’s on more than you. Then go into training and see Morgan on more money and he’s just staying in the hall way in his hat and gloves , next to the radiator because it’s to cold outside to train , I reckon that tells you that you don’t realkt need to do much at Everton to get your wedge

Would like to see a cb and cm bought in maybe a winger depending on bernards injury. Hopefully finally get rid of tosun niasse martina morgan

This most recent discussion makes me think...what could we get for the players most of us would like to see out the door?

Pickford - £50m? that rumored ManU offer of £80m from a couple years back now seems like a pipe dream that we should have jumped at if true
Keane - £30m?
Gylfi - £30m?
Tosun - 6-month supply of potatoes?
Schneiderlin -
Walcott - £10m?
Coleman - £10m?

Sorry mate, none of those values are accurate.

I expect this season will not have resurrected itself by the transfer window. Get a couple in if possible and work on the fundamentals with a view to hitting the ground running next year. Get the settling in periods for the players and team in before another season starts.

I don't want any short term panic buys in January unless we're neck deep in the brown stuff.

From BBC gossip page

Roma are ready to make a £12.9m offer to Manchester United for Chris Smalling, 29, after the defender's impressive start to his loan spell at the Serie A club. (Guardian)

Not a lot of money by present day standards for a very experienced English CB... Worth a bid?

From BBC gossip page

Roma are ready to make a £12.9m offer to Manchester United for Chris Smalling, 29, after the defender's impressive start to his loan spell at the Serie A club. (Guardian)

Not a lot of money by present day standards for a very experienced English CB... Worth a bid?
If we can shift Keane for twice that then maybe, providing he's coming in as a rotation and not a starter...
We still need a pacy , solid centre half to compliment mina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back