Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager arrived late Dec and needs time to assess the squad and you want Brands to have a list of players ready to go
Doesn’t work like that

Isn't the whole point of a DoF to mean it should work exactly like that? We're in this mess becsuse we've had about 7 different people buying different players since moshiri came in. I thought the whole point of brands was to scout and buy the same type of player regardless of if its Silva or ancelotti.

What's he on £100000k? Complete guess but I bet they aren't paying a 1/4 of that. Whoever sanctioned that signing is mental

6FADD65B-51F5-4110-971C-A4CA111D2E7A.webp

Keep saying it, but I really rate that lad.

Why’s that? I think he’ll be chased by bigger clubs in a season or two. Replaced Ndidi and some would say he was even better for them. Big and strong, good technique, calm on the ball, deceptively quick and a good dribbler even if it looks funny because of his size. Screens the defence well but also capable of driving forward with it. Think he’ll be a player, upgrade on a lot of what we have and he’s young with room for growth

So the realistic option for us is 1 bought and a loan.

I still think we'll bring in 2 and shift 3 more out:
Outs:
Gibson
Niasse
Feeney

Sadly I'd love us to go out and spend £100m on strengthening the team but we know deep down that the FFP and our "spending" hasn't helped.

Despite this I'm more happy this January than previous January's under Fat Sam, Silva or Koeman because we have Carlo Ancelotti.

He is our best signing and yes it's crap that we can't give him millions and millions but he is getting a tune out of a squad which for a number of games has been mute.

In Carlo We Trust.

Why’s that? I think he’ll be chased by bigger clubs in a season or two. Replaced Ndidi and some would say he was even better for them. Big and strong, good technique, calm on the ball, deceptively quick and a good dribbler even if it looks funny because of his size. Screens the defence well but also capable of driving forward with it. Think he’ll be a player, upgrade on a lot of what we have and he’s young with room for growth

Yes, hence why I rate him.

Watched him with Genk fairly regularly for a couple of years now and I think he's excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back