Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been told by a very reliable source that Brands has lashed a 30 million bid in for Arouna Kone to bring him home and form a killer dream team of him and Prince Oumar.

Please God, let this happen.
It's what we as a fan base deserve.
Well to be fair to Brands he did try and get James Vaughan back , but the taxi ran out of petrol in Tranmere and Brands had left his fuel card in his other jacket

Been told by a very reliable source that Brands has lashed a 30 million bid in for Arouna Kone to bring him home and form a killer dream team of him and Prince Oumar.

Please God, let this happen.
It's what we as a fan base deserve.

Wondering now if they were ever actually on the pitch together?

Always more a Niasse man myself, of the two.

So the realistic option for us is 1 bought and a loan.

I still think we'll bring in 2 and shift 3 more out:
Outs:
Gibson
Niasse
Feeney

Sadly I'd love us to go out and spend £100m on strengthening the team but we know deep down that the FFP and our "spending" hasn't helped.

Despite this I'm more happy this January than previous January's under Fat Sam, Silva or Koeman because we have Carlo Ancelotti.

He is our best signing and yes it's crap that we can't give him millions and millions but he is getting a tune out of a squad which for a number of games has been mute.

In Carlo We Trust.

No links to anyone whatsoever, the window closes tomorrow, but you think the realistic option is us bringing in 2 players? Ok.

I'd rather see some deadwood moved on than us buy in this window.

The next few months are about evaluation of the squad and getting a robust & cohesive transfer strategy in place that is aligned with having a squad with the skillset to execute the tactical set up that Carlo wants to evolve the squad into playing. We should think about the transfer strategy as being something that will be implemented over a number of transfer windows not just Jan 2020 or summer 2020. It will be players IN and OUT and will take a number of windows to get things sorted. If we can begin to utilise our resources well over the next few season then we can start thinking about Top 6 placings and potentially European football qualification in a few seasons time.

Anyone wanting to run before they can walk is setting the players, the manager and themselves up for un attainable expectations over the next 18-24 months. Unattainable expectations leads to angst and frustration and we don't need that. Manager is in place, Brands is in place. Funds are there. Just going to take time. Everyone needs to be patient and it might take a year or 2 before we see things come together. Mainly due to the filings of previous managers and Moshiri's haphazard approach to manager recruitment.

In summary don't rush into buying anyone this January. Don't expect everything to change in 1 transfer window. It's going to take a fair amount of time to turn things around and start having a Top 6 challenging squad.
ah "the deadwood stage is rolling into town"

Isn't the whole point of a DoF to mean it should work exactly like that? We're in this mess becsuse we've had about 7 different people buying different players since moshiri came in. I thought the whole point of brands was to scout and buy the same type of player regardless of if its Silva or ancelotti.
The manager and DOF need to work together in buying players.
Historically, we have seen players being signed without the managers approval very often end in disaster.
The DOF will have a list of players , the manager probably the same.

However, the January window is difficult because clubs really do not want to see their best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back