Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone list all our crap players and state that they’re a waste of money again? Not seen one of those in a few days

NP. I have researched the posts you refer to and have made a comprehensive list for you:

Pickford - No good, flaps all the time and thinks he's the man
Bernard - No end product
Mina - Can't head the ball
Keane - Dross
Digne - Not been the same this year, something's up
Coleman - Been past it for a while, should be sold to Dundalk for £60k
Sidibe - Can't defend, totally average
Walcott - Can't cross, score or play
Kean - Question marks over him after 5 starts, really concerned
Schneiderlin - Doesn't care & it's his fault we spent £20m & £100k wages
Delph - Thinks he's the big man giving it large
Davies - Is never a footballer
Gomes - Will never be the same player
Gbamin - Something's not right here. Players never are out for 3 months.
Sigurdsson - Passenger, does nothing, done nothing ever since signing
Iwobi - Been crap and clear he's failed at everything

This leaves DCL, Holgate and Richarlison for now who are acceptable, but Richarlison will never get us a bid of £80m and is overrated and so we need to sign 23 players within 3 months at THE VERY LEAST.

I know we have a need to sign players as the squad is bare and lacks quality. However with a manager like carlo, who you’d think could even get an extra 10/20% out of players. Is it really worth panic buying and having the same problems that we currently have, players who are not wanted or panic brought. (As pointed out, our squad is built up of 3/4 managers players) It’ll give the management time to see who and what we really need, ready for a big summer? If any funds are available in this window, why waste on say a 3rd or 4th choice player when our top targets could be available in the summer?!

I totally agree, we are playing much better since the sacking of Silva. With Gomes, Iwobi & Sigurdsson to return, our options are better From the bench. You can see Carlo’s influence with this squad And results back him up. I can see why there isn’t any urgency to buy anyone now, Weirdly at Everton, we have always had a strong second half of the season.

Apologies if mentioned, but IF Dries Mertens goes to Chelsea for £5mil then it's a sorry state of affairs. Would improve our side somewhat. Especially with Ancelloti links. £5mil is peanuts and has little risk associated.

Snide loan bid for Pedro if it happens ???

Apologies if mentioned, but IF Dries Mertens goes to Chelsea for £5mil then it's a sorry state of affairs. Would improve our side somewhat. Especially with Ancelloti links. £5mil is peanuts and has little risk associated.

Snide loan bid for Pedro if it happens ???

Yeah, it is annoying, think he'd fill a gap now and become a very good squad player over the next few years, but maybe his wages are too high for us to do that. Pedro is too old now sadly, but even if getting him on loan, say pay half his wages until the end of the season would still be something.

It is always a boost when you sign a player but it isn't a problem if we don't really.

We only have league games left and we have largely a fully fit squad... at this time.
Gbamin is apparently nearing fitness and that leaves Gomes who probably will not be involved this season , apart from that I think everybody is fit just now.

I would like us to sign a proper central midfield player, permanently or on loan and I think that is what we will do, if anything.

I would guess that we are talking to clubs about players, I would guess that we are being quoted exorbitant prices and we are not under pressure to match those prices in this window.
As the end of the window approaches and clubs realise we are not going to match their valuations they may come back and renegotiate or " we go as we are"

NP. I have researched the posts you refer to and have made a comprehensive list for you:

Bernard - No end product
Keane - Dross

This leaves DCL, Holgate and Richarlison for now who are acceptable, but Richarlison will never get us a bid of £80m and is overrated and so we need to sign 23 players within 3 months at THE VERY LEAST.

still

good news about the chocolate oranges

Yeah, it is annoying, think he'd fill a gap now and become a very good squad player over the next few years, but maybe his wages are too high for us to do that. Pedro is too old now sadly, but even if getting him on loan, say pay half his wages until the end of the season would still be something.

Pedro is similar age isn't he ?

Edit: Mertens is 2 months older !

Bernard - No end product
Keane - Dross

Ha ha. 90% of the forums summed up here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back