Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s dead easy this transfer malarky. What we “need” depends on what we plan on doing.

If we’re planning on getting top four this season, we’ll “need” Messi, Ronaldo, Van Dijk, Kante and De Bruyne.

If we’re planning on staying in the league, what we have is fine for that.

Adjust accordingly.
Still sure we have enough?

Still sure we have enough?

Yes.

Silva will do just enough to stay and, despite finishing 14th, he’ll win the league cup - which will be the most Everton thing ever because that should make him a legend but, the majority of fans have psychologically checked out so we’d still hate him for making us start our season in July away to FK Jabroni in Tibet in the 14th pre-qualifying round of the Europa League.

Yes.

Silva will do just enough to stay and, despite finishing 14th, he’ll win the league cup - which will be the most Everton thing ever because that should make him a legend but, the majority of fans have psychologically checked out so we’d still hate him for making us start our season in July away to FK Jabroni in Tibet in the 14th pre-qualifying round of the Europa League.
Not sure, Silva could win an egg and spoon race. We need a new manager and some reinforcements.

Not sure, Silva could win an egg and spoon race. We need a new manager and some reinforcements.

I know, I don’t disagree mate, just a gut feeling I’ve had about Silva and this cup run for a while.

Wouldn’t be a terrible thing to be a “cup team” to be fair.

I’m not Silva IN, I just don’t think the board will sack him and I think he’ll do JUST enough to pacify the top bloos, the clique and the BOO-ers.

I know, I don’t disagree mate, just a gut feeling I’ve had about Silva and this cup run for a while.

Wouldn’t be a terrible thing to be a “cup team” to be fair.

I’m not Silva IN, I just don’t think the board will sack him and I think he’ll do JUST enough to pacify the top bloos, the clique and the BOO-ers.
Probably right. Typical Everton

What are you on about? We need a SPINE mate...

As ive posted many times, there needs to be a new centre back / midfielder / forward.

A lot of money needs to be spent.

We need good players regardless of position

Definitely need a new right back. The analysis of Sidibe has shown him to be decent going forward but a liability defensively.

Id move on Coleman in the summer and terminate Sidibes loan + go for Aarons.

I would hope we go for him in Jan and loan him back to norwich for the rest of the season.

Next year go with Kenny + Aarons as the right backs.

As ive posted many times, there needs to be a new centre back / midfielder / forward.

A lot of money needs to be spent.

Definitely need a new right back. The analysis of Sidibe has shown him to be decent going forward but a liability defensively.

Id move on Coleman in the summer and terminate Sidibes loan + go for Aarons.

I would hope we go for him in Jan and loan him back to norwich for the rest of the season.

Next year go with Kenny + Aarons as the right backs.
Who are you proposing we sign?

Who are you proposing we sign?

Who knows...

If it was me id rip the whole thing up and start again.

My first three signings would be:

Aarons 19 Norwich right back £30mil
Konate 20 Red Bull Leipzig centre back £60mil
Sangare 21 Toulouse centre midfielder £30mil

Konate and Sangare are both 6'4 monsters who wont be bullied.

We would still need a superstar centre midfielder on top of that and also a rapid centre back.

Id sign those 5 positions before even looking at the attacking positions...need to be hard to beat first.

Who knows...

If it was me id rip the whole thing up and start again.

My first three signings would be:

Aarons 19 Norwich right back £30mil
Konate 20 Red Bull Leipzig centre back £60mil
Sangare 21 Toulouse centre midfielder £30mil

Konate and Sangare are both 6'4 monsters who wont be bullied.

We would still need a superstar centre midfielder on top of that and also a rapid centre back.

Id sign those 5 positions before even looking at the attacking positions...need to be hard to beat first.
Can Sangare get around the pitch though?

Goodison Park is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back