Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As ive posted many times, there needs to be a new centre back / midfielder / forward.

A lot of money needs to be spent.

Definitely need a new right back. The analysis of Sidibe has shown him to be decent going forward but a liability defensively.

Id move on Coleman in the summer and terminate Sidibes loan + go for Aarons.

I would hope we go for him in Jan and loan him back to norwich for the rest of the season.

Next year go with Kenny + Aarons as the right backs.
I'd bring Sidibe back and have Kenny also. I think we will end up having Seamus and Kenny.

What's your proposal then? Go sideways?
My proposal is buy a new right back because we need one and buy a new set of wingers because we need those too. We also need CM quality and striker quality but we have such a logjam in those positions that we can't really sign until we sell.

For me we have 4 strikers (Kean, DCL, Tosun, Richarlison). I've seen enough of Richarlison on the wing and don't think he will thrive there any time soon. We have a bunch of CMs too. Are any good enough? Maybe not but sometimes the numbers are too much to justify more.

Meanwhile we have one true LW and he hasn't had an assist since last boxing day. The other winger we have is Walcott who is past his best. Iwobi could be a wide player in the right system but that's really as far as it goes. And at RB we have one gigantic question mark beyond this season. So my proposal is fix those positions first and look to fix the spine once we make some choices and shift some players on. Unfortunately we are about to restart the cycle of trying to build a team when Silva inevitably goes so we have a few years to work with.

My proposal is buy a new right back because we need one and buy a new set of wingers because we need those too. We also need CM quality and striker quality but we have such a logjam in those positions that we can't really sign until we sell.

For me we have 4 strikers (Kean, DCL, Tosun, Richarlison). I've seen enough of Richarlison on the wing and don't think he will thrive there any time soon. We have a bunch of CMs too. Are any good enough? Maybe not but sometimes the numbers are too much to justify more.

Meanwhile we have one true LW and he hasn't had an assist since last boxing day. The other winger we have is Walcott who is past his best. Iwobi could be a wide player in the right system but that's really as far as it goes. And at RB we have one gigantic question mark beyond this season. So my proposal is fix those positions first and look to fix the spine once we make some choices and shift some players on. Unfortunately we are about to restart the cycle of trying to build a team when Silva inevitably goes so we have a few years to work with.
Errrm managers have got on to right backs bombing on..so another solution is needed.

I'd bring Sidibe back and have Kenny also. I think we will end up having Seamus and Kenny.

Id have gone with Sidibe and Kenny next season...especially as the cost is only €13mil.

But yesterday wasnt a one off...Sidibe has been exposed quite a few times already.

I think we need to go with Kenny and a new player and Aarons looks the real deal.

In the squad for next season, the only players i would be keeping are:

Pickford, Lossl
Kenny, Mina, Holgate, Digne
Gomes, Gbamin, Davies
Iwobi, Bernard, DCL, Kean, Richarlison

Thats only 14 players lol

This is why i keep saying that we need to buy in Jan. Even if it is only one player of top quality, we really need numbers.

Still a lot of players to shift out...

Coleman, Sidibe, Martina, Keane, Baines, schneiderlin, delph, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Niasse, Tosun, Bolasie and no doubt more ive forgotten have to be moved on.

Id have gone with Sidibe and Kenny next season...especially as the cost is only €13mil.

But yesterday wasnt a one off...Sidibe has been exposed quite a few times already.

I think we need to go with Kenny and a new player and Aarons looks the real deal.

In the squad for next season, the only players i would be keeping are:

Pickford, Lossl
Kenny, Mina, Holgate, Digne
Gomes, Gbamin, Davies
Iwobi, Bernard, DCL, Kean, Richarlison

Thats only 14 players lol

This is why i keep saying that we need to buy in Jan. Even if it is only one player of top quality, we really need numbers.

Still a lot of players to shift out...

Coleman, Sidibe, Martina, Keane, Baines, schneiderlin, delph, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Niasse, Tosun, Bolasie and no doubt more ive forgotten have to be moved on.
Obviously this kind of turnover can't happen in one season but this is my list of players I would pencil in as 100% worth keeping in the squad for the next 3 seasons: Richarlison, Iwobi, Digne, Mina, Pickford. That's it for me. 5 players.

I'd have a second list that is guys like Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Gordon, Kean, etc. who could prove themselves and be worth keeping but for me no one else is there yet. That's why I say we should just sign good players. Because we are miles away and just need anyone we can get.

And as far as Silva goes it is amazing that he can't find a way to get 5 good players into the team in positions that suit them. What a clown.

Obviously this kind of turnover can't happen in one season but this is my list of players I would pencil in as 100% worth keeping in the squad for the next 3 seasons: Richarlison, Iwobi, Digne, Mina, Pickford. That's it for me. 5 players.

I'd have a second list that is guys like Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Gordon, Kean, etc. who could prove themselves and be worth keeping but for me no one else is there yet. That's why I say we should just sign good players. Because we are miles away and just need anyone we can get.

And as far as Silva goes it is amazing that he can't find a way to get 5 good players into the team in positions that suit them. What a clown.

Cant really argue with that too much...

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
??? ???
Iwobi
??? Richarlison ???
Its clear we still need two players in defence.

The central midfield position we could have assessed better with Gomes and Gbamin but with their injuries we wont even have any idea on that until the summer.

Also Gbamin and Gomes may not come back the same level as weve seen with Coleman and others.

In the three forward positions it appears that only Richarlison can consistently score goals.

I am still hopefull on Kean and perhaps Gordon can stake a claim before season end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back