Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people acting like our season’s over and that we shouldn’t be looking to strengthen in January? We’re 3 points from 5th, we’re still in the league cup and still got the FA Cup to play for. We absolutely need to recruit a couple at least, especially with what injuries are doing to our squad.
I like the way you think. I hope you're right!:)

Hahaha, yeah we aint signing 4 players in a winter window just to help us finish 10th.

Talking to yourself?

No but he's right on what we need. I would say no more than one or two in Jan if we are lucky.

Definitely need a top centre mid...

Bit harsh on Delph that, he's played 10 games for us already. It's a bit annoying that he's picked up a few niggles but it's not like he's James McCarthy, missing months at a time.

Delph i think is lucky weve had injuries...as is Davies but for opposite reasons.

Delph has been dire...id not be surprised if we sold him in summer.

Why are people acting like our season’s over and that we shouldn’t be looking to strengthen in January? We’re 3 points from 5th, we’re still in the league cup and still got the FA Cup to play for. We absolutely need to recruit a couple at least, especially with what injuries are doing to our squad.

Totally...such negativity when but for VAR we woule be 5 pts better off and clear 5th.

I wouldn't be surprised if Silva, gets the chop this Summer, two seasons is about the right amount of time. So I doubt if we will spend a lot in January. I guess it depends on if we are still in the cups come the end of January? Maybe we will get a short term replacement in midfield and if we are very lucky a striker. Can only see loans though.

Hes got a 3 year contract i think...so in the summer i think he will get a 1 year extension.

Talking to yourself?

Definitely need a top centre mid...

Delph i think is lucky weve had injuries...as is Davies but for opposite reasons.

Delph has been dire...id not be surprised if we sold him in summer.

Totally...such negativity when but for VAR we woule be 5 pts better off and clear 5th.

Hes got a 3 year contract i think...so in the summer i think he will get a 1 year extension.
Yeah I was tempted to add that disclaimer into my post. It's not harsh to say he's been disappointing, he has. It's just harsh to say he's never fit when he's played 10 games by mid November. More than all our other midfielders put together pretty much.

I do wonder sometimes.
We couldn’t entice Dyche or Giroud but somehow people think Zlatan, Bale and evening Mourinho might have been up for it.
When did we try an get Dyche. An wasn’t Giroud all ready to come except his bird wanted to stay in London. I get some people are optimistic. It’s all part of been a fan tho no one is chatting Messi. Zlatan is 38 an playing in the USA. I wouldn’t want him anyway Bale is massively out of favour the funny thing is they both probably would come if they was offered the stupid wages they wanted. An Jose just went to Spurs an what have they won lately yeah I get there better than us at the moment but as I say as a fan you have to be hoping we can catch or surpass Spurs in the future or what’s the point really.

Inappropriate Language
I do wonder sometimes.
We couldn’t entice Dyche or Giroud but somehow people think Zlatan, Bale and evening Mourinho might have been up for it.
Dyche would f*****g kill to be our manager. We don’t want him because his team plays s**t football. Anybody who thinks he’d rather stay at Burnley is mental. If we wanted him we’d get him. But we don’t want him so we won’t go for him.

Giroud wanted to come. His wife wouldn’t let him because he gets into trouble when he’s away on his own. It was his “off the field issues” that stopped him joining us.

The attitude of some of the people on here is mad, if we had won 1 more game this season we would be joint 5th. Things can still change massively for the better and there are lots of games to improve our league position, one or two signings in January could do that

Regardless of what the table says or could say I think people are worried about what they see. The performances have been poor despite the talent available.

We're in an opportune season where many of our supposed rivals are under par and we're making a meal of it. As usual.

Regardless of what the table says or could say I think people are worried about what they see. The performances have been poor despite the talent available.

We're in an opportune season where many of our supposed rivals are under par and we're making a meal of it. As usual.
Available - we have 3 first choice midfielders unavailable!

The attitude of some of the people on here is mad, if we had won 1 more game this season we would be joint 5th. Things can still change massively for the better and there are lots of games to improve our league position, one or two signings in January could do that
Yeah and Liverpool would be 12 points clear of City knowing our luck

Big trouble in what sense? To me the league is over already. Definitely worse teams than us for relegation and I can’t see us pushing into the European spots even when healthy.
I'm with this tbh, Think making big money signings in such a dreadful window like the January one is awful, I can see why we'd get a CB in on loan and replace any outgoings like for like eg, A new striker if Cenk leaves other than that I hope we don't go near it unless injuries force us.

I doubt if Gareth Bale would move at all. He will just see out his contract at Madrid as he's on about 450k a week. Plus his body is made of rice krispies and he'd be permanently injured in England.

It's really difficult to get players in January anyway. We dont have CL footy to offer anyone and even if we try to buy players from a league like Belgium, Portugal or even Austria they would have to be in the top teams to make any sort of difference to our squad and hit the ground running.

Also some might be going for league titles in their own country and might not swop that to come to a mid table team trying to break into the top 6. Players from Portugal always seem to have ridiculous buy out clauses as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back