Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship is a funny league you've got people like Che Adams who still hasn't scored and then people like Maddison who absolutely fly in the league.

....we got Stones and Holgate from the Championship and folk say the Scottish League is useless, yet VvD was picked up from there. its about identifying the talent that can play at the top level. There are good players in these leagues.

....we got Stones and Holgate from the Championship and folk say the Scottish League is useless, yet VvD was picked up from there. its about identifying the talent that can play at the top level. There are good players in these leagues.

Funny to think this 17 year old from Carlisle would effectively be Ancelottis first signing if he does sign today.

....I imagine the scouts have been watching this kid and recommended to Brands that we get him before somebody else does.
Yes but what I mean is when people say this is Ancelotti's first signing that no Brands signs players. They are all Brands signings.

Anyway his got spurs written all over him if villa decide to get rid, for some reason I see him being a spurs player more than an Everton one. Though I’m not bothered as I’m not over kean on him, at 24 and if he’s that good why hasn’t he got an England cap yet?

Cos he was Irish til about 2 years ago and playing in the championship

The record books would show him as Ancelottis first signing whether Brands brings him in or not.
We know better though as we follow the club. Brands is in charge of signing players. The idea that signings are attributed to a manager is an old way of looking at it and largely not how clubs run in practice anymore.

We know better though as we follow the club. Brands is in charge of signing players. The idea that signings are attributed to a manager is an old way of looking at it and largely not how clubs run in practice anymore.

Not sure really what your point is.

The signing would be listed down as Ancelottis first signing at the club no matter if he or Brands or even Unsworth signed him.

Thats a fact.

Not sure really what your point is.

The signing would be listed down as Ancelottis first signing at the club no matter if he or Brands or even Unsworth signed him.

Thats a fact.
I'm saying that managers don't sign players anymore so there is no point in saying this is an Ancelotti signing. It's meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back