Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Don Carlo said no transfer talk til after the game tomorrow. So it's likely all made up (as per)... Though Tobido and Under would certainly improve the squad by the sounds of things, idk enough about them to make my own conclusions.

I think our transfers will be odd, Carlo will see some things that we don't.

I honestly think he will buy a big name defender. He likes leaders in the team, the reason he loves working with top talents is because of their professionalism to be the best.

Sorry I keep referencing the book but it's very interesting for us to have Carlo now and I can only envisage good times ahead.

I honestly think he will buy a big name defender. He likes leaders in the team, the reason he loves working with top talents is because of their professionalism to be the best.

Sorry I keep referencing the book but it's very interesting for us to have Carlo now and I can only envisage good times ahead.
Do not apologise haha!

I think if that is to be the case, then Tobido surely isn't in that category yet. Too inexperienced.

Perhaps a Koulibaly type is what Carlo would like, though that specific player might be a little out of reach just now.

Do not apologise haha!

I think if that is to be the case, then Tobido surely isn't in that category yet. Too inexperienced.

Perhaps a Koulibaly type is what Carlo would like, though that specific player might be a little out of reach just now.

I don't know, he has an eye for talent as well, Thuram and Crespo at Parma weren't big names at the time but he made them world class and this theme follows him,he improves players, that's what he does.

I don't know, he has an eye for talent as well, Thuram and Crespo at Parma weren't big names at the time but he made them world class and this theme follows him,he improves players, that's what he does.

Not quite true, but what is true was that he received a lot of criticism from supporters for using Crespo. CS did not listen to this criticism and eventually Crespo began to score goals. The rest is history.

That’s my take on it. Carlo has said he will wait until after the cup game to talk to the club about what he wants. All these rumours are just the press inventing stories.

Under would be the young high-ceiling creative right winger we want, could really see that one happening
Would be a potential game changer that. Didn’t realise he wasn’t only 21 as well!?

Picks up alot of hamstring and muscle injuries.

If hes fit and well coached he'll be a top player but he dribbles into blind alleys...is fast but not rapid.

If were after a wide player we can do better for the risk.

Gonna be honest Zatman, I've not been covering footy nearly as much in the last six months and, frankly, i'm quite glad! :D

I'd love us to be in for someone like Dani Olmo. He is a player I've thought has been great for a while. Tipped him to do well at the Euros in the summer and he did so that's my one little bit of scouting lol

I think hes rumoured to be going back to Barca.

Having said that, hes obviously moved to Croatia for game time so i think he may be more interested in joining a side where he'll play.

Just the right age and potential for us with a high fee but shouldnt be outlandish wage demands.

I think we need to be signing 5 players around his age and profile over the next 4 windows to have a serious side and squad for the future.

Then begin sprinkling experienced top quality around.

Interesting is that on the likes of Skysports no mention of Everton being involve with transfers, so is this truly nothinh to notye until after the cup game?
That’s my take on it. Carlo has said he will wait until after the cup game to talk to the club about what he wants. All these rumours are just the press inventing stories.

A: He doesnt want any players to be distracted before the cup match. Rumours of incomings may affect player performances.

B: He wanted more time to assess the priority signings

C: He will go for a different level of player if we get through in the cup.

All have been given as reasons on the forum for the delay...personally i think its point A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back